Not a member? - Register and login now.
All registered users can read our entire magazine archive.

No Talisker 57 North, but Laph QC

Your tastes and our tastes are discussed here, so make sure you share your pleasures with us.
Related whiskies : Talisker 57 North

No Talisker 57 North, but Laph QC

Postby talisker10 » Sat May 30, 2009 10:57 pm

I posted a while back about Talisker 57 North. My buddy from work just returned from Sweden (via Stockholm) but was unable to find the Talisker 57 North at Arlanda..BUT he brought me back a bottle of Laph QC in repayment for me picking him up the bottle of HP Lone Star Cask (he brought it to me out here to New Mexico not home to Texas..yeah we all get around). It has been almost a year since I had Laph QC, and I knew I loved it, but I think it just may be my top (yes even over Talisker 10). Sure it has that strong, peaty Laphroaig nose and palate, but the fruity sweetness is just amazing! Bananas mainly, but also pear, and mango. The bananas even puts it over the Laph CS I think. Well maybe not better than Talisker 10, but let's say it's a tie.
talisker10
Silver Member

Re: No Talisker 57 North, but Laph QC

Postby dramtastic » Sat May 30, 2009 11:28 pm

Two top notch drams that are very different in character for me so they can be enjoyed for different reasons.
dramtastic
Cask Strength Gold Member

Re: No Talisker 57 North, but Laph QC

Postby Reggaeblues » Sat May 30, 2009 11:34 pm

Each is the tops...while you're drinking it!

There are certain whiskies in that category for me, and you've already found two!

Hope you do get to try the T57 one day. Really entertaining stuff! Really does what it says on the tin: "Like standing on a cliff top facing a stormy sea." Frisky whisky, but pure Talisker.

Two nights ago a guitarist friend and fellow bandleader brought his new girlfriend around. She likes a dram as her bro lives in glasgow and they imbibe together. Two of the whiskies she tried, all fairly standard stuff though I was able to share the dregs of 2 Taliskers, my longlasting 18 and the 57, were "the best whisky I've ever tasted!"

Not bad for one night!
Reggaeblues
Double Gold Member

Related whiskies : Talisker 57 North

Return to Whisky Tastings

Whisky gift and present finder