Mikey and I tried a series of Finlaggan's last Friday based on the various bottle codes. Here are some initial thoughts and I look forward to seeing what others experience has been.
1. There certainly is a difference in color between some of the batches.
2. Definitely some difference in the aromas and palates.
3. It seems that there are a few different distilleries that have been bottled under this name.
4. Nothing reminded me of Bowmore nor Lagavulin.
5. Likely candidates are Laphroaig and Caol Ila. One reminded us of Ardbeg. Another was like a peated Bunnie.
6. Some worked with dark chocolate to varying degrees. One was awful with the dark chocolate.
So, what have your experiences been with "this whisky"?