Not a member? - Register and login now.
All registered users can read our entire magazine archive.

40% HP 21yo??

Your tastes and our tastes are discussed here, so make sure you share your pleasures with us.

40% HP 21yo??

Postby Sherried Malt » Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:49 pm

Has anyone tried the 40% version of the Highland Park 21yo yet? Conventional wisdom would seem to indicate that the 47.5% version is clearly superior, but is that really the case? Is the difference really substantial or are we splitting hairs here? :headbang:

Would love to hear any and all comments.

Thanks in advance!
Sherried Malt
Double Gold Member

Re: 40% HP 21yo??

Postby lisa » Fri Aug 28, 2009 11:44 pm

It´s been available for a while at fx Copenhagen airport (for NON-EU travellers)
Bottles of both strengths are mixed together so have to pay attention to what version you get.
Since I travelled inside EU I was not allowed to buy either one.

(no differentation apart from the abv marking - so same price wichever version you buy - approx 80€ if I remember correctly)
lisa

Re: 40% HP 21yo??

Postby Sherried Malt » Sat Aug 29, 2009 2:32 pm

lisa wrote:Bottles of both strengths are mixed together so have to pay attention to what version you get.

(no differentation apart from the abv marking - so same price wichever version you buy - approx 80€ if I remember correctly)

Hmm, sounds like a perfect opportunity. Get all the 47.5% you want and then get a 40% for comparison purposes, all at the same time. Very convenient!

Might be time to plan a trip out of the EU... :P
Sherried Malt
Double Gold Member

Return to Whisky Tastings

Whisky gift and present finder