Not a member? - Register and login now.
All registered users can read our entire magazine archive.

Glendronach OB single casks

Your tastes and our tastes are discussed here, so make sure you share your pleasures with us.

Glendronach OB single casks

Postby Jobi » Thu Sep 17, 2009 7:23 pm

Has anyone tried the Glendronach OB 1992/1993 single casks?
Jobi
Gold Member

Re: Glendronach OB single casks

Postby Wave » Thu Sep 17, 2009 8:48 pm

I have both '92 and '93 16yo's (cask # 1140 and #523). I haven't opened either but they look delicious! (see picture in recently purchased). I promise to open one of them when I return from Scotland at the end of the month (presently in Kirkwall).

Cheers!
Wave
Double Gold Member

Postby corbuso » Fri Sep 18, 2009 1:29 pm

Jobi wrote:Has anyone tried the Glendronach OB 1992/1993 single casks?

Only the 1993 yet. 1992 is still to come
You can have a look here (http://www.whisky-news.com/En/tasting13.html)
Corbuso
corbuso
Gold Member

Postby wulls » Sat Feb 27, 2010 1:12 pm

I was lucky enough to aquire one of the '93 and '94 SC bottlings, the '94 from the distillery is absolutely stunning...... It has replaced a SC Mortlach from Laings as my favourite ever whisky..... And J.M. reccons the '93 is even better... :P
The depth of flavour is immense, it is one of the very few cask strength whiskys that is smooth enough to savour straight from the bottle. A warm glass releases the sort of aromas that takes you somewhere else. I have spent many a happy hour with a glass of this sitting outside beside a blazing chimnea just savouring the nose of it.
For the snobs....even I can detect the depth of the molasses on the nose and the cinimonesque spices linger long after the initial rush fades, but in a smooth way if that makes sense......
The '94 is an exceptional whisky. untill I had tried the standard bottlings (the 12 is best suited to my taste) I had no idea the distillery was producing again. Frank Massey in the visitors center is a walking encyclopedia on whisky in general and glendronach in particular...... Go visit the place and book one of Franks "connoisseur" tours....you will not be disapointed.
wulls

Return to Whisky Tastings

Whisky gift and present finder