Not a member? - Register and login now.
All registered users can read our entire magazine archive.

Aberlour 18

Your tastes and our tastes are discussed here, so make sure you share your pleasures with us.

Aberlour 18

Postby MoreDalmore » Sat Oct 10, 2009 2:42 pm

I am almost half way trough my first bottle of Aberlour 18 and its about time I share my thougts on it with you :)

I was expecting much as Aberlour 16 double cask matured is my favourite so far. But this misses some of spiceness so far that the 16 deliveries.

When I fist had this ( without a splash of water ) I was not sure if I would like this a lot; I am more into citrus fruits it seems. But adding a dash of water as indicated on the tube it becomes more creamy ( and in this case more enjoyable )

Nose : Soft fruits like bananas ( think creme de banasas smell ), peaches and apricots ( I have apricot jam for breakfast on my knackerbrod these days so I clearly recognize this )

Palate : peaches and apricots again imbedded in some creamy vanilla. 8) Some spiciness in the end.

Finish : some spiciness lingers for a while which is nice.

Overall I am beginning to like it more and more and I think this would go nicely with dessert.

Strange this is I can't find it yet on the Aberlour website which I find strange :o
MoreDalmore
Bronze Member

Re: Aberlour 18

Postby MrPotatoHead » Sat Oct 10, 2009 4:24 pm

The 18 year old is one of my favourites,

Isn't there two threads on this now :?
MrPotatoHead

Return to Whisky Tastings

Whisky gift and present finder