Not a member? - Register and login now.
All registered users can read our entire magazine archive.

Bruichladdich Lineup

Your tastes and our tastes are discussed here, so make sure you share your pleasures with us.

Bruichladdich Lineup

Postby Ganga » Mon Oct 12, 2009 5:09 pm

Well, I did get a chance to try the Bruichladdich lineup (or a healthy portion of it) on Saturday.

Rocks, Waves, Peat, Resurrection, 16 first growth (can't remember which one), K Club, 18, 14 Olorosso. I can't say that the first three were all that impressive.

The Resurrection was very good. Clean malty whisky with some lemon citrus, little young but if this is going to be the heart of what the lightly peated whisky is going to be, I look forward to 2011 and beyond.

14 Olorosso was a good presentation of Bruichladdich with sherry influence. Oranges instead of the lemons, a bit of carmel (good way).
Ganga
Matured cask

Re: Bruichladdich Lineup

Postby artmanjohn » Sun Nov 22, 2009 4:05 am

Just bought a bottle of Bruichladdich - 20 yr old, Second Edition. Haven't opened it yet, was wondering if anyone has tried this batch. A liquor store has a couple of cases here in Fort Worth and are selling them for $100.00 on clearance. Any reviews? Love some input.
Cheers :D
artmanjohn

Postby Ganga » Sun Nov 22, 2009 6:37 am

I prefer first edition but he second edition is nice too. $100 is a great price as it was generally around $160 when it was released. Definitely worth the money if you like a malty whisky.
Ganga
Matured cask

Postby Drammed » Thu Nov 26, 2009 8:57 pm

This might sound funny but I find the best of the Burichladdich is not even called Bruichladdich. Port Charlotte 6 and 7 are much better to me than the standard bottlings. Granted I have not tasted any of the Legacy stuff, but that is not really in the same price ball park either.
Drammed
Gold Member

Return to Whisky Tastings

Whisky gift and present finder