Not a member? - Register and login now.
All registered users can read our entire magazine archive.

Glenfiddich / Balvennie tasting

Your tastes and our tastes are discussed here, so make sure you share your pleasures with us.

Glenfiddich / Balvennie tasting

Postby AnnieB » Fri Oct 30, 2009 7:31 am

Got to taste (again) the Glenfiddich 1973 Vintage..a wonderful dram ..loads of spice, fat juicy barley,and a long oaky finish..$700. Canadian?? Yikes!..The 15 and 18 year however I'd happily pay for!..Tried the 21 as well...taste? For me...Bananas / bananas / more bananas and that rum you used to bring your bottle in to have refilled?? (at least I did) Also got a taste of the 1975 Vintage.. silky, spicy and tons of fruit, but not sure if it's been released yet.... Would you know Lawrence?
The Balvenie Signature 12 was another solid hit.I love this whisky .but the 12 year Doublewood just didn't do it for me.
Ian Millar.Glenfiddich World Ambassador .lovely, entertaining and witty....a great evening..
AnnieB

Re: Glenfiddich / Balvennie tasting

Postby Reggaeblues » Sat Oct 31, 2009 1:34 am

Yes, I just paid for a 15!

One of my favourite antidotes to that side of me that can't get enough Ardbeg!
Reggaeblues
Double Gold Member

Re: Glenfiddich / Balvennie tasting

Postby Drammed » Sat Oct 31, 2009 3:43 am

I too enjoy both the Glenfiddich 15 and Balvenie 12 yr Signature. Both make excellent daily drams. I had another dram of the Balvenie 15 last weekend and the extra abv really helps the flavor. I wish the BCLCB would bring some in as i'm sure the 30 yr olds they brought in are not moving very fast!
Drammed
Gold Member

Return to Whisky Tastings

Whisky gift and present finder