Not a member? - Register and login now.
All registered users can read our entire magazine archive.

Thoughts on Dalmore 21?

Your tastes and our tastes are discussed here, so make sure you share your pleasures with us.
Related whiskies : The Dalmore 21 Years Old

Thoughts on Dalmore 21?

Postby jsf » Wed Feb 11, 2004 6:58 pm

Hi folks,

I was thinking of getting a bottle of this, as it's on sale in my neck of the woods. I've only had the 12, which I like, and I was wondering if people thought the 21 was worth the extra money (about $30).

Thanks very much - John
jsf

Postby Deactivated Member » Sat Feb 14, 2004 1:19 pm

Hi John,

It's worth the money, this one was in my eyes richer and fuller of taste and perfectly balanced with the aroma's in it. Some chocolate and heavy 'old' citrus I had with a creamy taste, but very nice and soft in the finish smooth I would say ( depending on the state of your tastebuds ). A nice dram, I kinda liked it.

Cheers,

Erik
Deactivated Member

it's worth it

Postby silvers559 » Wed Feb 18, 2004 5:42 pm

john,

since you like the 12 year old you will also enjoy the 21. my gf surprised me with a bottle for valentine's day. I doubt I would have bought it myself since my favorite 21 year old is balvenie portwood but I'm glad I have the opportunity to enjoy it. like the 12 it is rich and creamy. I agree with erik on the chocolate taste. the finish in my opinion is somewhat different than the 12. I'm not experienced enough to know exactly what the difference is, at first I didn't care for the finish but after a few drams it seems more to my liking. I think it is worth the extra 30. I always keep a bottle of the 12 on hand as I enjoy the taste and I believe for the price/quality is one of the best deals on the market.
silvers559

Related whiskies : The Dalmore 21 Years Old

Return to Whisky Tastings

Whisky gift and present finder