Not a member? - Register and login now.
All registered users can read our entire magazine archive.

'fiddich 12 Vs. 15 Notes

Your tastes and our tastes are discussed here, so make sure you share your pleasures with us.

'fiddich 12 Vs. 15 Notes

Postby AdamMY » Wed Nov 25, 2009 2:49 am

I decided to sit down with a glass of each and produce a comparison between the two.

Initial impressions:

The 12 year old seems to have all the components, they are just very light and the alcohol seems to blur them all together. Whereas the 15 is rich and sweet, and the alcohol is hardly noticeable.

12:

Nose: Toffee, Caramel, apples and butter, almost like an apple pie sort of effect.

Palate: Semi sweet, but very biting especially going into the finish which while long seems to be mostly heat and a tart apple like flavor

15:

Nose: Lots of Toffee, and maybe hints of sweet potatoes, with a nice buttery component to match a leathery dried apple aroma.

Palate: So sweet it is almost too sweet, but lots of sweet apples, and butter, and while slightly biting going into the finish its minor in comparison to the 12. The finish also has a bit more tricks up its sleeve as along with the tart apple, there is also a cherries jubilee flavor to it.

Hope you guys enjoy the notes, and I know I haven't been around much.
AdamMY
Cask Strength Gold Member

Re: 'fiddich 12 Vs. 15 Notes

Postby Ganga » Wed Nov 25, 2009 5:43 am

Very nice Adam. We did Glenfiddich as part of the Live Tastings series. I think I want to go back and look through some of the notes in there for comparative purposes. I know both of these were done as part of the tasting.
Ganga
Matured cask

Return to Whisky Tastings

Whisky gift and present finder