Not a member? - Register and login now.
All registered users can read our entire magazine archive.

Notes for Signatory Laphroaig '00 7yo CS

Your tastes and our tastes are discussed here, so make sure you share your pleasures with us.

Notes for Signatory Laphroaig '00 7yo CS

Postby Chef! » Mon Nov 30, 2009 8:19 am

Notes for Binny's Signatory Laphroaig '00 7yo CS. Cask 3672 59.4% ABV Btl 238 of 621. Refill Butt.

Nose
Lots of damp vegetation, peat and cooked vegetables. Came back after 10 minutes to iodine and divinity.
Palate
I enjoy the viscous mouth feel as much as the Red Stripe 10yo CS.
Finish
Everything I have been told and expected from a younger cask strength Laphroaig! There's that iodine, the musty hospital bandages that I've grown to love, and toasted yeast breads. Except they're all more bold and cleaner than the distillery 10yo CS bottling.
Comment
Am I becoming quite the peat head, or what? I've been buying-up every 10yo Cask Strength I come across in local stores to where my personal inventory is currently seven closed bottles strong. If this were readily available and staring me in the face next to its distillery bottle sister, I would probably opt for two of them instead of one from the other, especially considering the price difference. My next Binny's purchase will include definitely include another bottle (or two+).
Chef!

Re: Notes for Signatory Laphroaig '00 7yo CS

Postby Ganga » Mon Nov 30, 2009 4:14 pm

The '99 7 was slightly better. :P It's funny but I always get cooking brownies on these young Laphroaigs.
Ganga
Matured cask

Re: Notes for Signatory Laphroaig '00 7yo CS

Postby Chef! » Mon Nov 30, 2009 7:02 pm

I figured it was considering Binny's tried to one-up the '99 by handpicking this '00. Hard to do that in anything unless you get lucky. I tried to get a bottle of the '99 but she sent me two of the '00 instead. I'm happy. :D
Chef!

Return to Whisky Tastings

Whisky gift and present finder