Not a member? - Register and login now.
All registered users can read our entire magazine archive.

Royal Salute

Your tastes and our tastes are discussed here, so make sure you share your pleasures with us.

Royal Salute

Postby jame74 » Wed Jan 06, 2010 11:46 pm

Hi,

I'm thinking of buying a bottle for my father, (Special Occasion) but was not sure if he'd like it, i know he loves Whisky but only drinks certain brands.

Is there a similar tasting brand to Royal Salute? i dont want to spend £100 then him not liking it.

Thanks in advance.

James
jame74

Re: Royal Salute

Postby matthew2512 » Thu Jan 07, 2010 2:22 am

Hi James,
Royal Salute is a very approchable whisky and most bended whisky drinkers like it. I recently finished a bottle and really enjoyed it. It had a very complex range of flavours, fruity, slightly herbal, a little sherry and a hint of smoke. Overall it is quite a sweet tasting whisky and of course very smooth.

If you father likes the other Chivas bottlings (12 and 18) then I am sure he will love the Royal Salute. Chivas whiskies are less peaty than Johnnie Walker so if he drinks JW then may prefer something like the gold of blue label.

Perharps if you could tell us what brands he usually drinks we may be able to offer better advice.

Kind regards
matthew2512
Silver Member

Postby jame74 » Fri Jan 08, 2010 7:33 pm

Hi Matthew,

Thanks for the advice, yes he loves Chivas (12 and 18) so a bottle of Royal Salute will go down well.

Thanks again,

James
jame74

Postby Novice Scotch Fan » Mon Jan 11, 2010 1:54 am

James, if he likes Chivas 18, he'll love the Royal Salute, which, by the way is owned by Chivas. It's just a further extension of the Chivas 18 flavor profile.
Novice Scotch Fan
Gold Member

Return to Whisky Tastings

Whisky gift and present finder