Not a member? - Register and login now.
All registered users can read our entire magazine archive.

I did it, I found my blend

Your tastes and our tastes are discussed here, so make sure you share your pleasures with us.

I did it, I found my blend

Postby lancj1 » Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:57 pm

lucky me, eh. As an Xmas box I got some Whyte and McKay special - which retails at sometimes a tenner a bottle. I thought go nice with the mixer, but tried it as you do, neat, and with ice. Its lovely - mellow with sherry. I would suggest it ticks boxes for many who often seek a "cheap blend" or easy drinking malt on this site. Quite chuffed really, found an everyday scotch without actually looking for it :thumbsup:
lancj1
Bronze Member

Re: I did it, I found my blend

Postby Megawatt » Thu Jan 14, 2010 12:39 am

Hell yeah, I was pleasantly surprised when I picked up a bottle of this recently. I had only tried The Thirteen previously, which was no slouch itself but most cheap blends tend to leave something to be desired. I would buy it again before most of the competition.
Megawatt
Bronze Member

Postby Jim Beam » Sat Jan 16, 2010 2:32 pm

Which bottling was it, exactly?
Because my local liquor store sells a Whyte and Mackay (43 ABV) without further information for 16,95 euros per litre and I've been tempted to pick one up fore some time now...
Jim Beam

Postby ClubSmed » Sat Jan 16, 2010 5:42 pm

Megawatt wrote:Hell yeah, I was pleasantly surprised when I picked up a bottle of this recently. I had only tried The Thirteen previously, which was no slouch itself but most cheap blends tend to leave something to be desired. I would buy it again before most of the competition.

I have recently opened a bottle of "The Thirteen", and I have to say that I too am quite surprised at how well it is going down
ClubSmed
Gold Member

Postby Megawatt » Sat Jan 16, 2010 11:37 pm

Jim Beam wrote:Which bottling was it, exactly?
Because my local liquor store sells a Whyte and Mackay (43 ABV) without further information for 16,95 euros per litre and I've been tempted to pick one up fore some time now...

http://www.whyteandmackay.co.uk/product ... ntentid=11
Megawatt
Bronze Member

Return to Whisky Tastings

Whisky gift and present finder