Not a member? - Register and login now.
All registered users can read our entire magazine archive.

Bladnoch '92 16yo Signatory Un-chillfiltered

Your tastes and our tastes are discussed here, so make sure you share your pleasures with us.

Bladnoch '92 16yo Signatory Un-chillfiltered

Postby Chef! » Tue Feb 16, 2010 4:58 pm

First Bladnoch I've tried and I like it very much. After researching this distillery it is one I'd love to visit when I eventually visit Scotland. Seems very quaint and welcoming.

Bladnoch '92 16yo Signatory Un-chillfiltered btl 195/371 46% ABV

Appearance: Clear pale yellow.

Nose: Clean and refreshing. Lightly sauteed raisin, cane sugar, toasted almond, biscuits, hay, dried honeysuckle, kiwi, melon, lemon. Water helps bring out the floral notes but killed cereal and caramelized raisin.

Palate: Biscuits, floral, pepper. Very smooth and integrated alcohol all the way through the finish. I lost a lot of complexity with water...

Conclusions:

Give me this dram on a summer evening and I'll be happy. I usually limit my intake to a couple a night on the weekend and found myself finished with a third of the bottle by the end of the night! Very drinkable but I can see how some people wouldn't appreciate it too much.

If it weren't for the cereal notes it could almost be taken for a nice light cane rum (which I also love). With no point of reference on other Bladnoch expressions and knowing this whisky is 16yo, I'd love to try a younger bottling.
Chef!

Re: Bladnoch '92 16yo Signatory Un-chillfiltered

Postby jimidrammer » Wed Feb 17, 2010 4:21 pm

I've had a '90(13yo) & '91(12yo) Signatory Bladnoch. A lot like a Rosebank, lots of mint, toasted marshmallow and grassy sweetness. I haven't seen any around for years, sure hope they make a comeback, maybe an official bottling.
jimidrammer
Gold Member

Return to Whisky Tastings

Whisky gift and present finder