Not a member? - Register and login now.
All registered users can read our entire magazine archive.

Bunnahabhain 34yo

Your tastes and our tastes are discussed here, so make sure you share your pleasures with us.

Bunnahabhain 34yo

Postby sideshow » Wed Jul 21, 2010 12:07 pm

Hi. We were looking at getting our parents some 18yo Bunnahabhain for their anniversary (as they both like it), but then we saw this:

Old and Rare Platinum Bottling 34 year old

- it's their 34 year anniversary, so it seemed very fitting. However we don't know much about how the 34yo tastes: how does it compare to the 18yo? Our tastes are that the 12yo is good, and the 18 is better (seems smoother/maybe lighter). Is the 34 comparable, or completely different?

Any help would be appreciated.
sideshow

Re: Bunnahabhain 34yo

Postby Spirit of Islay » Wed Jul 21, 2010 8:01 pm

Hi Sideshow ,
Haven't had this one but i have had the O.b. 34yo (a 1968 from a sherry cask ) , i can say i'd be very surprised if this one wasn't very good as aged Bunna are usually stunning . It probably is very sherried but usually they are beautiful !
BTW have a look at http://www.thewhiskyexchange.com/P-9256.aspx , you'll save a few quid.......
Spirit of Islay
Triple Gold Member

Postby irishwhiskeychaser » Sun Aug 29, 2010 1:47 pm

I've not had this either ...

All I can add to this that DL Old and Rare Platinum Bottlings are usually of a very high standard so rest assured that it should be a good investment in your inheritance :wink:
irishwhiskeychaser
Cask Strength Gold Member

Postby Wave » Mon Aug 30, 2010 8:47 am

I also haven't tasted this (yet) either but I wholeheartedly agree with SOI, Old Bunna's are wonderful!

Cheers!
Wave
Double Gold Member

Postby Klondike » Thu Nov 18, 2010 1:48 am

Apparently Bunnahabhain was on a roll in the 1970ies. I only tried one myself but it was magical! I heard of others trying different bottlings that were outstanding too. Sounds like a very good bet to me!
Klondike

Return to Whisky Tastings

Whisky gift and present finder