Not a member? - Register and login now.
All registered users can read our entire magazine archive.

Gordon & MacPhail Glenrothes 30yr old

Your tastes and our tastes are discussed here, so make sure you share your pleasures with us.

Gordon & MacPhail Glenrothes 30yr old

Postby Novice Scotch Fan » Thu Oct 07, 2010 3:07 am

Gordon & MacPhail have a new releasee. A bottling of Glenrothes 30yrs. What do you think of it? I can pick it up for $90 cdn which is a steal.
Novice Scotch Fan
Gold Member

Re: Gordon & MacPhail Glenrothes 30yr old

Postby Ganga » Fri Oct 08, 2010 3:33 am

Hard to argue with that price. I usually have good luck with the older bottlings of Glenrothes. I did have one that was only "ok".
Ganga
Matured cask

Postby vcdman » Fri Oct 08, 2010 3:37 am

I'm not sure how new you mean, i bought a bottle of G + M Glenrothes 30 yr about 2 years ago.
If its the same it is great value for an oldish whisky, but be prepared to tasted nothing much but oak.
vcdman

Postby Klondike » Thu Nov 18, 2010 1:33 am

I just tried a G&M Glenrothes 30 years old about a month ago. Don't know when it was released. It had a fairly old school black-ish label. However, it was outstanding IMHO. The aromatics was such a firework of all the good stuff. Taste couldn't quite live up to the nose but was all alive and still an absolute treat. Definately worth more than 90 USD to me. Scotch is expensive in Denmark though, don't know if that makes me biased towards accepting higher prices. Go for it!
Klondike

Return to Whisky Tastings

Whisky gift and present finder