Not a member? - Register and login now.
All registered users can read our entire magazine archive.

Bruichladdichs

Your tastes and our tastes are discussed here, so make sure you share your pleasures with us.

Bruichladdichs

Postby whiskgeek » Sat Mar 03, 2012 8:04 am

Last night's event was all Bruichladdich. We started out with tastes of a Whisky Galore 12-year, and the original Bruichladdich 10. The tasting proper comprised...
The Rocks
The Organic
Islay Barley
The Laddie Ten
1992 Sherry Edition
The Black Art 2
PC7
Octomore 2
And we finished up with Bruichladdich's new gin, The Botanist.

I thought The Rocks was dominated by sugars. I didn't much care for The Organic. There was some note I didn't care for, though it wasn't strong. Islay Barley was good. The Laddie was pretty impressive. The Sherry Edition was my favorite of the night. I will be having more of it. Nobody was impressed by The Black Art. It didn't live up to expectations. Granted, expectations were high, given the bottle, the hype and the color, but it was not impressive in any way. PC7 was very good. Octomore was... surprising. Given the over-the-top peat levels, I expected a bottle of iodine, but there was a lot more to it. I bought a bottle, so it will be interesting to see how it stands up over time.
whiskgeek
Bronze Member

Re: Bruichladdichs

Postby Ganga » Mon Mar 05, 2012 9:14 pm

I enjoy reading about your tastings. It has been awhile since I've spent any amount of time with Bruichladdich. Will need to go in search of some that intrigue me.
Ganga
Matured cask

Postby outamyway » Tue Mar 06, 2012 12:19 am

I have a bottle of their Links series, Valhalla edition... good stuff.
outamyway

Postby whiskgeek » Tue Mar 06, 2012 7:25 am

I had the Links Valhalla. Damn fine.

Ganga, Laddie has quite a variety of styles. They've got something for everyone.
whiskgeek
Bronze Member

Return to Whisky Tastings

Whisky gift and present finder