Not a member? - Register and login now.
All registered users can read our entire magazine archive.

Balvenie Craftsman's Reserve No.1 The Cooper

Your tastes and our tastes are discussed here, so make sure you share your pleasures with us.

Balvenie Craftsman's Reserve No.1 The Cooper

Postby Sir Dino » Wed Mar 14, 2012 10:07 pm

Has anybody tried this one? I'd love to taste this whisky... :roll:
Would someone kind enough to give me a sample of The Cooper?
Of course I'll pay for it.
Sir Dino
Bronze Member

Re: Balvenie Craftsman's Reserve No.1 The Cooper

Postby Ganga » Thu Mar 15, 2012 5:22 am

Well Sir, I would love to see a review if you manage to get a sample. :thumbsup:
Ganga
Matured cask

Postby whiskgeek » Thu Mar 15, 2012 6:26 am

What's the deal with this? It's just like the 15-year Single Barrel, but instead of one barrel, it comes from two. And they're charging ten times as much?

I hate to be one of those guys who complains about the marketing tactics of the distilleries, but... what makes this worth buying? I suppose there are people who try to get a bottle of their Single Barrel from every cask offered, and maybe this appeals to such completists?

I assume that this was not offered simply as a money-maker. So what was the intention with this offering? A unique wood treatment? Simply a members-only thing?
whiskgeek
Bronze Member

Postby Sir Dino » Thu Mar 15, 2012 11:27 am

whiskgeek wrote:What's the deal with this? It's just like the 15-year Single Barrel, but instead of one barrel, it comes from two. And they're charging ten times as much?

I hate to be one of those guys who complains about the marketing tactics of the distilleries, but... what makes this worth buying? I suppose there are people who try to get a bottle of their Single Barrel from every cask offered, and maybe this appeals to such completists?

I assume that this was not offered simply as a money-maker. So what was the intention with this offering? A unique wood treatment? Simply a members-only thing?

I'm a collector... :wink: Collectors think differently than other people ... :wink:
It is not always logically and not always to understand for others.

Yes it is only whisky, but it is special... Why do people collecting stamps or cars?

And it is definitely not like the 15YO Single Barrel, because it was a Sherry cask (AFAIK), bottled at cask strength... :thumbsup:
Sir Dino
Bronze Member

Postby whiskgeek » Sat Mar 17, 2012 5:45 am

Cask strength. Okay, I missed that part. That helps a lot, particularly in the case of Balvenie. Still sounds a little steep, though, for drinking.
whiskgeek
Bronze Member

Return to Whisky Tastings

Whisky gift and present finder