Not a member? - Register and login now.
All registered users can read our entire magazine archive.

PoitDubh?

Your tastes and our tastes are discussed here, so make sure you share your pleasures with us.

PoitDubh?

Postby MaltMan » Thu Jul 04, 2002 9:48 pm

The last time a had a glass of Poit Dubh...I wound up using it to de-grease the windscreen of my car: BLAGH! It was the 10 year old though, not the 21 years old. But still.

I wrote this as a reply on a topic in another forum, but somehow it has become a new topic! Must have clicked the wrong button at some point... Sorry for the inconvenience.

Anyway, what are your opinions of Poit Dubh?

[This message has been edited by MaltMan (edited 04 July 2002).]
MaltMan

Postby BruceCrichton » Sun Jul 14, 2002 10:06 pm

I tried a version of it which age escapes me but it struck me as a poor man's Talisker.
BruceCrichton
Double Gold Member

Postby Gate » Tue Jul 16, 2002 10:11 am

I had a bottle of the 12-year-old unchillfiltered Poit Dubh, which was fine - not unlike the Famous Grouse Vintage vatted malt as I recall, although a bit more peaty. Not that much like Talisker. Maybe the vatting changes radically from year to year? The bottle I had was bought in 1999.
Gate
Silver Member

Re: PoitDubh?

Postby bakur » Fri Aug 30, 2013 9:09 pm

poit dhubh comes in 8, 12, 21 and 30 year old versions although the 30 is a limited bottling. As far as I am aware they have never done a 10 year but would agree the 8 and 12 year olds are not great however the 21 year is excellent and available at a little over the price of a talisker 10 year old. The 30 year old first bottling in (black bottle, wooden presentation case) is superb but as far I can see no longer available.
bakur

Return to Whisky Tastings

Whisky gift and present finder