Not a member? - Register and login now.
All registered users can read our entire magazine archive.

New releases, tried any of these yet?

Your tastes and our tastes are discussed here, so make sure you share your pleasures with us.

New releases, tried any of these yet?

Postby Nic Rhodes » Mon Nov 18, 2002 10:22 pm

I am interested in any new arrivals / unusual bottlings. Has anyone had any of these yet?:

Any Peerless bottling from their 'cask strength range'. They are not cheap but look very well presented.

The Signatory Edradour botting at 46% un chill filtered in the tin. The others in the range are excellent so I have high hopes for this 1992 Edradour.

[I had the Signatory port cask Port Ellen the other day (1st bottling). Interesting but not cheap at £90. Great presentation. What is it with PE though. Image]

Any McKinops (SP?) whisky

Any from The Bottlers range. I have a 30 yr Dalmore, 21 Cragganmore and 16 Glen Elgin open at the moment and they are stunning.

Any from the Douglas Laing Platinum range of Fine and Rare OMC. I have had three now and they have been mega quality.
Nic Rhodes
Bronze Member

Postby Nikwik » Mon Nov 18, 2002 11:49 pm

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Nic Rhodes:
The Signatory Edradour botting at 46% un chill filtered in the tin. The others in the range are excellent so I have high hopes for this 1992 Edradour.

Well, sorry to spoil your hopes but unfortunately this one is not as good as for example the Highland Park 1988. Tried it this friday and it seems the middle cut was to wide... Smells rubber and tastes a lot of perfume.
Nikwik

Postby Nic Rhodes » Tue Nov 19, 2002 11:02 am

Damn, I thought it might have been worth a punt. Thanks for the info, save me £40. The new dob was good though.
Nic Rhodes
Bronze Member

Return to Whisky Tastings

Whisky gift and present finder