Not a member? - Register and login now.
All registered users can read our entire magazine archive.

London?

Your tastes and our tastes are discussed here, so make sure you share your pleasures with us.

London?

Postby Nikwik » Sat Nov 16, 2002 11:48 am

As I go to Whisky Live 2003 I will hopefully have some time to visit one or two of the whisky shops as well. Which one would you recommend if I only have time to visit one? Right now 1st on my shopping list is the Brora Douglas Laing Platinum selection 1972/29yo, so where is it most possible to find it in London..?
Nikwik

Postby Deactivated Member » Sat Nov 16, 2002 3:22 pm

Hi Nikwik,

The Whisky Exchange perhaps??

Happy Hunting,

Erik
Deactivated Member

Postby Rudolph Hucker » Mon Nov 18, 2002 10:32 am

Hi Nikwik

Excellent though the Whisky Exchange is, if you are short of time, it is a little too far from the venue for Whisky Live.

Much closer, and well worth a visit, are Milroys of Soho and Vintage Hallmark of St James.

Cheers

Rudolph
Rudolph Hucker
Silver Member

Postby Gate » Mon Nov 18, 2002 12:18 pm

As Rudolph says, Milroys and Vintage Hallmark St James (run by a former Milroys bod, I think) are well worth visiting. Also, just around the corner from Milroys, the Vintage House on Old Compton Street can be quite good for rarities and oddities.
Gate
Silver Member

Postby Argyll » Mon Nov 18, 2002 1:12 pm

Don't forget Cadenhead's Covent Garden Whisky Shop - a little treaure trove trust me.

I had heard that Vintage Hallmark had shut down or was in the process of doing so? Any news?

[This message has been edited by Argyll (edited 18 November 2002).]
Argyll

Postby Nikwik » Tue Nov 19, 2002 8:37 pm

Has anyone been to the Royal Mile Whiskies in London? The shop in Edinburgh is excellent but what about the London branch?
Nikwik

Postby John Clotworthy » Tue Nov 19, 2002 10:27 pm

Hi
Vintage Hallmark has not shut down I spoke to Bridget today. This is an excellent shop and a must for that new year bottle. Don't believe me just pop in and ask for Bridget.
Slainthe John
John Clotworthy

Postby whiskynovice » Thu Nov 21, 2002 1:13 pm

Stopped by Vintage Hallmark a couple of weeks ago to buy a Bladnoch 10yo. They are very much in business and still my favorite whisky shop in London. I also stopped by Milroy's of Soho, and was sorely disappointed by what has been happening in their shop. Their inventory was seriously depleted and the clerk was more interested in eating his sandwich that answering any questions I posed to him. I don't know what the problem was, but, alas, he didn't seem too interested in being at work that day. Shame, that shop had been my favorite for quite a few years.
whiskynovice

Return to Whisky Tastings

Whisky gift and present finder