Not a member? - Register and login now.
All registered users can read our entire magazine archive.

Query: Comparing Glenfarclas and Macallan?

Your tastes and our tastes are discussed here, so make sure you share your pleasures with us.

Postby jimidrammer » Wed Jul 06, 2005 3:49 pm

My newest bottles of Macallan 12 & 18 are unopened and it's been awhile since I tasted them, but my Gleanfarclas 17 is very nice, My "105" will probably get cracked tonight since everyone has commented so favorably and I'm itching to try it anyway. :)

Comparing the Macallan 12 & Glenfarclas 12 I would give the nod to Macallan, the 'farclas at that age was kind of harsh, if memory serves. To me, the heavily sherried malts seem best either young at C/S(Aberlour A'bunadh or Macallan C/S) or Middle aged 15 to 18 (Glenfarclas 17 or Aberlour 15). The 10 to 12 range get hot and bitter to me.
jimidrammer
Gold Member

Postby Deactivated Member » Wed Jul 06, 2005 5:49 pm

kallaskander wrote:I know this thread is about comparing Glenfarclas and Macallan. But there is nothing wrong with widening ones horizon, isn´t it?

kallaskander, you should know that we're very strict about wandering off topic here.

--Not!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Deactivated Member

Postby Lawrence » Thu Jul 07, 2005 3:46 am

kallaskander, you should know that we're very strict about wandering off topic here.

I'll say, in some threads people even talk about beer!

:D
Lawrence
Matured cask

Postby MGillespie » Thu Jul 07, 2005 12:24 pm

Lawrence wrote:

I'll say, in some threads people even talk about beer!

:D

Remember, beer is nothing more than premature Scotch! ;)

Mark
MGillespie
Double Gold Member

Previous

Return to Whisky Tastings

Whisky gift and present finder