Not a member? - Register and login now.
All registered users can read our entire magazine archive.

Searching for Very Olde St Nick Bourbon

Your tastes and our tastes are discussed here, so make sure you share your pleasures with us.

Searching for Very Olde St Nick Bourbon

Postby rarebourbonman » Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:24 am

My girlfriend lived in Japan for several years teaching English to Japanese businessmen. She had one big C.E.O. she taught, and he would only drink great malt scotch or super good bourbons. Once a week he would take out all of the people she worked with to clubs to taste whisky. He got them all hooked on it. They would go to bars and he would order something called Very Olde St. Nick, which was really hard to find, but they all loved it. Anyone know where I can find any? I’d love to surprise her with some. Lots of talk but no one seems to have any.
rarebourbonman

Re: Searching for Very Olde St Nick Bourbon

Postby Whiskeyjunkie » Thu Sep 25, 2014 7:21 am

Just seeing this and don't know if you're still looking. For years I have been collecting the Very Olde St Nick Bourbons and Ryes. Some amazing stuff!! Even the new ones without age statements are complex and interesting, smokey, lots of honey. The problem they make so little of it, and poachers looking to make a quick buck buy and flip it online like concert tickets. My best bets have been either online or in small liquor shops. Cool item when you can find it. UK, HK, Tokyo, Berlin, Denmark, NYC. I've bought bottles from collectors all over the world. Good luck to you.
Whiskeyjunkie

Return to Whisky Tastings

Whisky gift and present finder