Not a member? - Register and login now.
All registered users can read our entire magazine archive.

Dalwhinnie 15 Year Old

Your tastes and our tastes are discussed here, so make sure you share your pleasures with us.

Dalwhinnie 15 Year Old

Postby Adwano » Thu Jul 17, 2014 4:38 pm

Hey guys,

New to this forum, so thought I'd start by posting a recent tasting review that I wrote for Loch Fyne Whiskies.

Anyone tasted the Dalwhinnie 15 Year Old? Its a a very light and smooth whisky that reminded me very much of summer.

Have a read and let me know your thoughts:

http://www.lfw.co.uk/blog/whisky-reviews/dalwhinnie-15-year-old-tasting-review/
Adwano

Re: Dalwhinnie 15 Year Old

Postby dram_mowatt » Wed Jul 30, 2014 12:38 am

Hey,

Just bought my first bottle of this. I first tried it at Aviemore highland resort - £12£ a dram. She asked if I needed a double, I asked if she was trying to send the wife into cardiac arrest :)

Tis is a cracking tasting dram, no nasty after taste, quite fruity actually. No peat, no nasty lingering. Just a smooth, whisky that tastes good. A more-ish dram, which is never bad.

Anyway - if you go to Tesco you will get a bottle for £35. Which is never bad - even if you don't like.!! If you don't live in the UK, my advice is go get the bottle and if you don't like - drink 3 - 8 beers first then I guarantee you will like :)
dram_mowatt

Re: Dalwhinnie 15 Year Old

Postby Ganga » Wed Jul 30, 2014 7:48 pm

Geez, I just never get around to buying a bottle of Dalwhinnie as there always seems to be something more interesting (to me) sitting next to it. I need to just buy a bottle sometime and enjoy it.
Ganga
Matured cask

Return to Whisky Tastings

Whisky gift and present finder