Not a member? - Register and login now.
All registered users can read our entire magazine archive.

Replacement for Bushmills 10yo in a recipe?

Your tastes and our tastes are discussed here, so make sure you share your pleasures with us.
Related whiskies : Bushmills 10 Years Old

Bushmills 10

Postby rymon » Fri Mar 17, 2006 3:51 am

I'm really surprised anyone has anything neg. to say about BM10yo... I've had a bottle here for a few months now... I'd describe it as the absolute lightest, freshest thing I have in my collection of 30 some odd whiskies... and I really love it! I'll definitely get another bottle to replace it when its gone. I'd really like to try the 16, but I've heard a few people mention that it doesn't have that unique freshness to it that the 10 has... which is exactly what I noticed!
rymon

Re: Bushmills 10

Postby Frodo » Sat Mar 18, 2006 2:05 pm

rymon wrote:I'm really surprised anyone has anything neg. to say about BM10yo... I've had a bottle here for a few months now... I'd describe it as the absolute lightest, freshest thing I have in my collection of 30 some odd whiskies... and I really love it!

I guess for me, it's that there are other things @ $40 at the LCBO I'd rather have. Elmer T. Lee, Buffalo Trace, Redbreast, Jameson 12, and Black Bush - not to mention Balvenie 10, 'morangie 10, and JWB.

Bushmills 10 isn't bad, it just doesn't tickle me the way the others do...
Frodo
Triple Gold Member

Postby hpulley » Sat Mar 18, 2006 4:37 pm

Last night I had a few Irish whiskies, including BM 10yo. In truth, they're all fairly unique. I can't say Tyrconnell, Redbreast, Black Bush were really that close and neither are the Jameson or Powers blends. Probably the other Bushmills singles are the closest things which is kind of obvious. I still need to compare BM10 to Locke's 8yo single malt which might be closer.

Harry
hpulley
Triple Gold Member

Related whiskies : Bushmills 10 Years Old

Previous

Return to Whisky Tastings

Whisky gift and present finder