Not a member? - Register and login now.
All registered users can read our entire magazine archive.

The Macallan Private Eye

Do you have a 50 year old vintage waiting to be discovered by a worthy collector? Post your details here and find out!
Forum rules
Please note items can not be offered for sale on this forum.

The Macallan Private Eye

Postby Onefortheditch » Sun Jan 18, 2009 8:50 pm

In Whisky Magazine issue 70 John Rose valued the Macallan Private Eye at £300-£350. In the last auction at WhiskyAuction.com, a Macallan Private Eye sold for 671 euros.

If more results like that happen, think you might need to up your price guide John,!!

The Macallan Private Eye was originally sold in the Whisky Shop. It retailed at £48!

With UK property prices, the stock market and bank interest rates all pretty much down the toilet because banks self destructed, what would you invest your money in?

It may not be a Black Bowmore, but the Private Eye was a pretty good buy! :thumbsup:

Wish I'd bought one! :headbang:
Onefortheditch
Silver Member

Re: The Macallan Private Eye

Postby JohnAStark » Mon May 04, 2009 4:41 am

I am glad I ponied up the 50GBP and bought a bottle - 1581/5000. I should have bought 2.

Now for the sad part - I had a chance to buy a bottle of Black Bowmore at an Ontario Liquor Store for $170.00 about 15 years ago.... man, do I kick myself for not buying that bottle. :shock:

I plan my European travel to pass through Heathrow just so I can go to the World of Whiskeys.

...john
JohnAStark

Return to Collector's Corner

Whisky gift and present finder