Not a member? - Register and login now.
All registered users can read our entire magazine archive.

Springbank cask offer

Do you have a 50 year old vintage waiting to be discovered by a worthy collector? Post your details here and find out!
Forum rules
Please note items can not be offered for sale on this forum.

Springbank cask offer

Postby stejacorca » Sun Nov 02, 2003 4:23 am

The opportunity of a lifetime: Get yourself your own cask of prime malt whisky!

- the distillery: Springbank, the legend from Campbeltown

- the whisky: more than 230 litres of finest uncoloured, unchillfiltered single malt scotch whisky

- the birth date: distilled May 12th, 1995

- the cask: no. 68 / 1995, a first-fill sherry hogshead (a former sherry cask, used for whisky maturation for the first time)

- included in this cask offer is storage at Springbank warehouse and insurance until 12th May, 2005.

Background: in an effort to boost their cash flow in the last decade, Springbank made it possible to obtain casks with freshly distilled whisky. This ended unfortunately a couple of years ago, when they went short of supply for their own bottlings!

In 1995 I bought this particular cask through the well-known German whisky retailer SCOMA, which has an outstanding name among whisky enthusiasts. Over the years I had two sample bottles being drawn.

The Campbeltown Single Malt Scotch Whisky from Springbank Distillery is regarded as one of the finest whiskies available. Springbank is privately owned and famous for honoring the traditional methods of distilling. Auction and market prices for Springbank whisky speak for themselves.

For further informations please visit http:\\www.orcahome.de\springbank.htm, where you can find certificates, pictures and much more!

Stefan Jacobs

Donrather Str. 58
53797 Lohmar
Germany

stefan.jacobs@orcahome.de
stejacorca

Postby Ash » Sun Nov 02, 2003 7:11 pm

Can I quote Kate from a few days ago.
The forum is a place for whisky lovers to express and share their views, and is not designed as a place for adverts.

http://www.whiskymag.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1055
:roll:
Ash

Return to Collector's Corner

Whisky gift and present finder