Not a member? - Register and login now.
All registered users can read our entire magazine archive.

Helping to sell some rare Whisky, have a look ?

Do you have a 50 year old vintage waiting to be discovered by a worthy collector? Post your details here and find out!
Forum rules
Please note items can not be offered for sale on this forum.

Helping to sell some rare Whisky, have a look ?

Postby firtho4th » Thu Apr 30, 2009 12:17 am

Greetings to all. I posted here several weeks back, wondering where to find an incredibly elusive bottling of Laphroaig (31yo, 1974, OB), and thankfully got enough gracious responses from other Members to quickly find precisely what was being sought. Whilst it cost me & my mates a bit more than we had bargained for in the end, I'm glad to report that 2 bottles of the stuff are securely in hand, and ready to be partaken of at the bachelor party in just a couple more weeks time !

In the process of searching for this bottle, initially quite alot of calls went out to the fellow enthusiasts in our modest bunch, and there was even more cross-chatter after we all got news of the cost per bachelor party guest. Out of this, came news that one of our group's extended family members was on the cusp of selling his own Whisky collection, due to having been downsized right out of the company he'd been overachieving for since 1989. (How tidy it would have been for HIM to have had this Laphroaig, but it was not to be...)

Any road, word got back to this fellow that I'd been able to quickly find a rare Whisky online, and --- as a result of the kind tips I received on this site that enabled me to pull off a successful search --- I've now got talked into helping him liquidate. (A bittersweet privilege indeed, 'cause I'm going to be spending too much time round great drams that I know I won't be allowed to buy.)

So ! Need a Black Bowmore, a Local Barley Springbank, a 1950's or 1960's Macallan, and/or a Single Cask Ardbeg, amongst many, many others ? (Don't we all, but without the insane prices ?) This fellow laid in several of each, and has taken good care of those that he did not drink. If anyone is truly in the market for any such pricey bottlings, or just wants to touch base to see if a particular bottle might be in the pile, please do get in touch via PM, and I'll be happy to share details with you. I'm also hoping to compose a complete, online list, with clear photos & a posting that's readily accessible to all, but realistically this might take several days time, lest I ignore my own obligations and end up downsized, too.

Thanks, FOF
firtho4th

Duplicate message...oops

Postby firtho4th » Thu Apr 30, 2009 12:21 am

OOPS ! DUPLICATE.
firtho4th

Re: Helping to sell some rare Whisky, have a look ?

Postby slojo » Thu Apr 30, 2009 10:00 am

Or (in summary form):

"A friend of mine is looking to sell his whisky collection, which includes some old and rare bottlings. If you are interested in finding out more please PM me."
slojo
Bronze Member

Postby firtho4th » Thu Apr 30, 2009 11:29 am

lol...I stand convicted, and apologise for running on. That's what a chronic lack of sleep does for one's sensibilities.
firtho4th

Postby slojo » Thu Apr 30, 2009 12:32 pm

firtho4th wrote:lol...I stand convicted, and apologise for running on. That's what a chronic lack of sleep does for one's sensibilities.

No worries mate :thumbsup:
slojo
Bronze Member

Postby boyd johnson » Fri May 01, 2009 9:08 pm

what are the macallans available and prices also the local barley
boyd johnson

Return to Collector's Corner

Whisky gift and present finder