Not a member? - Register and login now.
All registered users can read our entire magazine archive.

Stellar 39yo Longmorn !

Do you have a 50 year old vintage waiting to be discovered by a worthy collector? Post your details here and find out!
Forum rules
Please note items can not be offered for sale on this forum.

Stellar 39yo Longmorn !

Postby firtho4th » Sun May 10, 2009 12:03 pm

Mash Tun and Kask in Tokyo had a really superb 1969 Longmorn bottled for them this year, and I briefly got to taste it last night from a friend on layover on his way back from Limburg. Just incredible stuff, really, as good, better I think, than any Longmorn expression I've ever had (and there's been a few...).

Particulars, this is a 39yo, Cask Strength at 58.9%, I think, but there's something less than 500 or 600 bottles total outturn ?

I know this is a rather long reach, considering how few great bottles escape Japan once there, but if anyone else out there glommed onto an "extra" bottle of this somehow or other, and would care to sell it on, please be in touch via PM !?

Many, many thanks. firtho4th
firtho4th

Re: Stellar 39yo Longmorn !

Postby corbuso » Sun May 10, 2009 8:56 pm

Try to contact Hideo Y.
He had one bottle with ihm in Limburg.
corbuso
Gold Member

Postby firtho4th » Mon May 11, 2009 5:07 pm

Thanks for your reply, Corbuso. I stick my foot in my mouth pretty regularly, and so long experience suggests that this question will qualify somehow:

Who is Mr. Hideo Y. ? I'm fairly new on C.C., and outside of the friends & few acquaintances who initially infected me with their literal, outsized passion for Single Malt Whisky, I am not remotely in the circle of members who post here regularly.

Anyway, if you might be able (and so inclined) to direct either me, or my basic enquiry, to Mr. Y, I'd be twice grateful for your time & help.

Cheers, FOF
firtho4th

Postby micheluzzo » Tue May 19, 2009 3:20 pm

maybe you ask mr. suzuki from 'the mash tun bar'. he can give you details from hideo y.. hideo y. translated some books from m.jackson.

this longmorn has 460 bottles, shared between the mash tun/ kask and japan import system.
or maybe you can get it from jis. best you call them: 0081-(0)3-3541-5469. some japanese would be helpful.
or you wait for the next auction from mr. krueger. I'm sure, there will be one.

micheluzzo
micheluzzo

Return to Collector's Corner

Whisky gift and present finder