Not a member? - Register and login now.
All registered users can read our entire magazine archive.

MORE Rare Bottles on Offer, please have a look ?

Do you have a 50 year old vintage waiting to be discovered by a worthy collector? Post your details here and find out!
Forum rules
Please note items can not be offered for sale on this forum.

MORE Rare Bottles on Offer, please have a look ?

Postby firtho4th » Wed Jun 17, 2009 6:42 am

Hello, All ~~~ Here are a few more neat Whisky bottlings for your consideration. Shipping charges apply, and as usual all bottles are warranted to be 100% "right" throughout.

Thanks to all for making the liquidation of the first 2 lists such a success !

Cheers, FirthO4th

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

ARDBEG

* (1) 1975/2004, 29yo, Dougal Laing, "Platinum Series" (dumpy green bottle in green leatherette case), good fill level, 1 of 255 bottles, 47.3%. $479

* (1) 1975/1990, 15yo, Cadenhead's (dumpy black bottle, boxed), 48%, an extremely HTF Ardbeg bottling these days, good fill level. $495

(PLEASE NOTE: IF & WHEN the 3rd & final batch of the doctor's bottles ever becomes available, you Ardbeg drinkers should know in advance that there are several of the rarest Ardbegs that will summarily become available, from Kingsbury bottlings, to the Old Malt Cask gems, to OB treasures from the "23xx" Single Cask range.)

BOWMORE:

* (1) 1968 (OB) 32yo Morrison Bowmore "Anniversary" bottling, Dark Green casket box, 1 of 1868 released for the Anniversary of Morrison buying Bowmore. Never released in the US. $395

* (1) 1964 (OB) Bicentenary bottling, atypical 750ml, in black casket with red velvet & silk lining, wax sealed over driven cork, rare. The last 700ml exemplar I saw on eBay.de (Germany) sold at $1680(USD) less than 2 months ago. (I still have the eBay auction number if you might need it, or want it later for comparison's sake.) $775

* (1) "Black Bowmore", 1st Release, boxed, good fill level. $2195

BRUICHLADDICH

* (1) 1969/1986, 17yo, Cadenhead's (dumpy black bottle), 48%, perfect labels, good fill level, boxed. $479

(PLEASE NOTE: IF & WHEN the 3rd & final batch of the doctor's bottles ever becomes available, you Bruichladdich drinkers should know in advance that there are several bottles of the absurdly elusive, 32yo "Black Bruichladdich" (from Jack Wieber's cask-strength, "Old Train Line" series of bottlings) that will summarily become available.

CAOL ILA

* (1) 1975/1990, Manager's Dram, ultra rare bottling, 15yo, bottled at a whopping 63%. Don't miss this one, as it will almost certainly be quite awhile before another of these pops up. $1095

CARDHU

* (1) 1974/1989, Manager's Dram, just as rare as the Caol Ila MD, if not scarcer (fewer bottles were filled). As for taste, I've been privileged to partake: it is a dram beyond words. The only other Manager's Dram bottled at this lofty 63% plateau. $1150

HAZELBURN (SPRINGBANK)

* (2) (OB), Springbank distilled & bottled, labeled as "For Switzerland", Very Dark Oloroso, one of the very first of these done by Springbank in the 90's, these are from a total outturn of 348 bottles. $275 each

HIGHLAND PARK

* (1) (OB), 25yo, in wooden tube, 53.5%, older release (2001, I think ?) $139

* (1) (OB), 30yo, in box, 48.1%, limited production $239

* (1) (OB), 1977 "Bicentenary", in sealed tube, bottle #6135 of 6800 total. (Japan release ?) $199

GLEN ELGIN

* (1) (OB) 1977/1993 "Manager's Dram", 16yo, a pounding 60%, Dark Sherry, from series done solely for UD distillery managers & given out at annual meetings from the late 80's onward, extremely limited (fewer than 400 bottles of each label, right up through last year's, with a few MD's achieving only 150-some bottles in release). Some of these MD's brought big prices when offered in the 90's and through last Fall, including the next bottle but --- until now --- I've not seen any of the truly rare MD's pop up since last year. $475

* (1) (OB) 1973/1988 "Manager's Dram", 15yo, an even bigger 60.2% ABV, Dark Sherry, all other info as above. (Please see both "Cardhu" and "Caol Ila" Manager's Drams on offer elsewhere in this list.) $850

GLENFARCLAS

* (1) (OB) 30yo, tube. $195

GLENFIDDICH

* (1) (OB) 40yo, cased, bottle #450 (of 600, from first & only run done for worldwide consumption). Average "On Offer" prices range from 1700(GBP) to 2200(GBP), when found. 700ml, 43.4%. $1795(USD)

GLENURY ROYAL

* (1) (OB) 50yo, boxed, 1 of 498 for worldwide market. Online prices range from 1300(GBP) to 1500(GBP), priced in Pounds because nearly all show up in the UK or (occasionally) the Swiss or German Whisky markets. $1150

MACALLAN

* (1) (OB) 1985 18yo, tubed, $99

* (1) (OB) 1986 18yo, tubed, $99

SCOTS BLENDED WHISKY

* 10 to 12 bottles of mixed, 1940-1955-ish, "4/5 Quart" and "26 and 2/3 oz." Distillery blends, some boxed, all sealed & having good fill levels, and all have clean labels. (Think of dusty, genuinely old bottles of John Begg, Red Breast, Teacher's, Queen Anne, etc etc.) Would make a delightful, Scots-heritage back-bar display, or would serve handsomely as basis for a "tasting" of fine old blends that are largely no longer avaiable. $495, the lot.

SPRINGBANK

* (1) (OB) "Millenium" bottling, limited release, 40yo, boxed. $725

* (1) (OB) "Millenium" bottling, very limited release, 50yo, boxed. $1450

* (1) (OB) "Millenium", 6-mini set of Springbank's eponymous series miniatures, comprised of one sealed, 5cl bottling each of the 25yo, 30yo, 35yo, 40yo, 45yo, and 50yo bottlings. Brilliant gift for any Whisky lover, or just a great way to affordably sample some very scarce, very fine (OB) Springers. Fill levels remain excellent, likely a benefit of careful storage. $395

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Uh, also: RARE OLD AMERICAN BOURBON / WHISKEY (Did he really just say "Whiskey" ? Huh ? Sacrilege !)

* (1) (OB) A.J. Hirsch, 20yo, from 1st run distilled in Kentucky in the 70's, but bottled in the mid-90's at the Michter facility in Pennsylvania (after Michter bought Hirsch). Total outturn of approximately 130 cases. Straight, it tastes a bit like the Wheat-based Bernheim currently being run in small batches, but is much more complex & has a stouter ABV. With or without water, it easily outshines (I think) the OB Hirsch 16yo bottling, which currently comes to market every other Spring or three. $475

* (1) (OB) Maryland BPR Rye Whisky, 4/5 Quart, 7yo, distilled in 1936, bottled 1944, sealed with good fill level. Nice surprise tastewise, this is the same "Baltimore Pure Rye" that one would've served pre-meal, and/or in an Old Fashioned with (honest-to-God) terrapin stew back in the 1st quarter of the 20th century. (lol...Just ask Robert Ruark, or any of the millions of dearly departed Maryland Terrapins, if you can get a psychic to channel their spirits...) $325

* (5) (OB) Jack Daniel's "Barrelhouse One", 1990's limited release bottlings in their original wooden caskets, and with their original Registration Cards. Four are the 1994 Summer bottling, one is the much rarer 1999 Winter bottling. $225 each, and $350, respectively.

--- FINI ---

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A sincere "Thankee Kindly !" to the adminstrators of this Forum, for first allowing, and then tolerating this nonsense.

Many thanks to all past Buyers, too: Without your initial trust, and sustained generous support, this improbable endeavour doubtless would've crashed & burned on the runway. (Enjoy all those lovely drams, too !)

Please feel free to get in touch with questions, comments, etc. (You can contact me via PM, and/or directly at "Stageleft@Netzero.net")

Best to All ~ FirthO4th
firtho4th

Re: MORE Rare Bottles on Offer, please have a look ?

Postby Danzer » Wed Jun 17, 2009 5:03 pm

FirthO4th I received mine..They got stuck at customs.. :evil: can't wait to see the new list. I think you're doing great in putting in all this time and effort.

Cheers

Dan
Danzer

Postby vitara7 » Wed Jun 17, 2009 5:23 pm

firtho4th wrote: HAZELBURN (SPRINGBANK)

* (2) (OB), Springbank distilled & bottled, labeled as "For Switzerland", Very Dark Oloroso, one of the very first of these done by Springbank in the 90's, these are from a total outturn of 348 bottles. $275 each

they couldnt have possibly been bottled in the 90's as hazelburn didnt become "whisky" until the year 2000
vitara7
Double Gold Member

Postby lohssanami » Wed Jun 17, 2009 5:59 pm

Here's a pic from http://www.whiskyauction.com, and it seems similar to what may be described here. It has an outturn of 378 bottles, but it is for Switzerland and it's an Oloroso. Maybe he's referring to the vintage of the 90's, and not being bottled in the 90's. Just a thought!

97Hazelburn.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
lohssanami
Double Gold Member

Postby KarlBH » Wed Jun 24, 2009 4:45 am

PM sent
KarlBH

Postby desouza » Fri Jul 03, 2009 3:06 pm

PM sent yesterday
desouza

Postby lohssanami » Tue Jul 07, 2009 7:21 pm

Just an update...

For any folks that may not have heard back from firtho4th, please have patience.

I just got news he had some severe personal emergencies in the past few weeks that have rendered him unable to communicate with anyone. If you haven't received an email about bottles or an update or response on status, let me know and I'll try to forward your concerns.

He is a very trustworthy person, but what has happened recently is beyond his control.
lohssanami
Double Gold Member

Postby lohssanami » Tue Jul 28, 2009 6:36 pm

Hello all,

I just received an email this morning from Jamie, which should be the same that anyone else who purchased bottles would have received as well.

Thankfully, he has put his appointment with the hereafter on hold for the time being, and if you purchased a bottle and haven't received this email, let me know.

Best...

Tim
lohssanami
Double Gold Member

Postby nikelaos » Mon Aug 03, 2009 4:19 pm

I'm very intrested in the Black Bowmore 1st edition.

Is it a 70cl bottle?

Can you send a picture of the bottle?

How is the level of whisky in the bottle?

Thank you for your time!

Regards,

Nick.
nikelaos

Postby nikelaos » Mon Aug 03, 2009 4:21 pm

Hello again,

Forgot to ask:

Do you ship to Europe?

You can send the pictures to nick.schellemans@kynet.be

Thank you!

Nick.
nikelaos

Return to Collector's Corner

Whisky gift and present finder