Not a member? - Register and login now.
All registered users can read our entire magazine archive.

Any information would be welcome!

Do you have a 50 year old vintage waiting to be discovered by a worthy collector? Post your details here and find out!
Forum rules
Please note items can not be offered for sale on this forum.

Any information would be welcome!

Postby grissom666 » Thu Jun 25, 2009 3:49 pm

Hi All.......

I was given this bottle recently by a very elderly relative! Anyone give me any information about it? (Age, value etc) Not sure whether to treat it as an 'investment' or just to drink it!

Thanks......Kenny
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
grissom666

Re: Any information would be welcome!

Postby Caledonia » Thu Jun 25, 2009 4:02 pm

GG, 5 years old...drink it :)
Caledonia
Bronze Member

Postby grissom666 » Thu Jun 25, 2009 4:07 pm

It is an 'OLD' bottle.....NOT just 5yrs old.....can't find any info and all whiskeyexchange have replied with is - "We will purchase it for £75"...
Looking for some history and a "real" valuation!
grissom666

Postby cathach » Thu Jun 25, 2009 9:33 pm

Whisky doesn't change in the bottle I'm afraid. So what you have is a 30 or 40 year old bottling of a 5yr old whisky. So the whisky is still 5yrs old.
cathach
Silver Member

Postby Iain » Thu Jun 25, 2009 10:20 pm

Campbell, Hope and King had a depot and bottling plant in Elgin, and bottled whiskies as well as beers there.

Re price - if WE offer £75, I'd be surprised and I would certainly take it. It might be an old-ish bottle, but it's just 5yo Glen Grant that's inside. Which is not close to being the world's rarest nor most collectable whisky.

ps - re the label - Glen Grant supplied the standard GG label to customers such as CH&K and Gordon & Macphail, with a space where the customers could print their own names and details - which is what CH&K obviously did in this case.
Iain
Double Gold Member

Return to Collector's Corner

Whisky gift and present finder