Not a member? - Register and login now.
All registered users can read our entire magazine archive.

What a coincidence...

Do you have a 50 year old vintage waiting to be discovered by a worthy collector? Post your details here and find out!
Forum rules
Please note items can not be offered for sale on this forum.

What a coincidence...

Postby DukeofSandwich » Thu Jul 09, 2009 4:19 pm

....that Gordon and MacPhail used the same bottles in the 1960's - 80's that Talisker uses today....hmmm. There are several of these on US ebay right now. Hope the foolish buyer enjoys his overpriced Talisker 10. No suprise, these are originating from Italy.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by DukeofSandwich on Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DukeofSandwich

Re: What a coincidence...

Postby lohssanami » Thu Jul 09, 2009 8:59 pm

Hey Duke...

From your email, I figured I would grab a picture from http://www.whiskyauction.com of a Talisker from the same time frame. I compared a 1947 and a 1957 on Kruger's, and the bottle is the same there so this should be a good comparison to the fake 1950 that you posted.

For those wondering, look at the "lip" you can see about 3/4" from the bottom, and another one that is just below the shoulder. These differentiate these bottles enough, and you can see how the real bottle is more rounded at the shoulder whereas the ebay bottle is like the new Talisker, as Duke pointed out.

Just thought I would add my 2cents.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
lohssanami
Double Gold Member

Re: What a coincidence...

Postby Laifi » Fri Jul 10, 2009 9:02 am

On German Ebay the italian faker are getting no or very low bids.
So they have to go to USA Ebay - i hope the american bidder send this bottles then not for selling to europe :evil:
the person who offer the fake talisker also offer a lot of macallan (fakes?)..... i would buy not one bottles of these.
WAR against these fakers!
Laifi
Laifi

Return to Collector's Corner

Whisky gift and present finder