Not a member? - Register and login now.
All registered users can read our entire magazine archive.

CN Tower bottled Canadian Whisky by McGuinness - 1970 seal

Do you have a 50 year old vintage waiting to be discovered by a worthy collector? Post your details here and find out!
Forum rules
Please note items can not be offered for sale on this forum.

CN Tower bottled Canadian Whisky by McGuinness - 1970 seal

Postby BBarron » Fri Feb 20, 2004 5:21 am

I have a bottle of Canadian whisky, from McGuinness Distillers Limited, with a 1970 unbroken seal, with the label name "CN Tower La tour CN", for the commemoration of the CN Tower. The bottle is shaped in the form of the CN Tower. The bottle size is 710 ml (25 oz).

What would be the value of such a bottle?
Would there be any interested buyers?
Where could I sell it, if it has any value?

Any information will be greatly appreciated
BBarron

Postby blackkeno » Tue Feb 24, 2004 4:47 am

Both your bottles seem interesting. Canadian whisky has not really developed the collectability of single malt Scotch, so a value (and buyer) could be challenging for find. You can email me if you would like to discuss it further.
blackkeno
Bronze Member

Postby Matt2 » Tue Feb 24, 2004 4:28 pm

Hi,

Some people seem to do well on EBay, feel free to post auction links in here. Also stumbled upon this site http://www.whiskyauction.com/ , havent heard anything good or bad about it.

A search on the Whisky Search for auction thows up a few sites.

This sounds like an expensive bottle and I would suggest posting lots more detail, maybe some pictures if you have them.

Please keep us updated with the progress if you sell it. Helps other forum members if they can see the results of these posts.
Matt2

Postby lexkraai » Tue Feb 24, 2004 5:08 pm

With regard to http://www.whiskyauction.com, I have been active on that site for quite a while and my experience has been very positive. Whiskies 'won' at the auction are sent out fast, reliable and well-packed. No negative point I can think of whatsoever.

Cheers, Lex
lexkraai
Silver Member

Postby whiskyjack7 » Fri Feb 27, 2004 2:03 pm

THE CNtower bottle I have in the shape of the tower is from 1976 seal # b3792138 from central canadian distilling co. canada
40% 710 ml
whiskyjack7

Re: CN Tower bottled Canadian Whisky by McGuinness - 1970 se

Postby Bradman7654321 » Sat Apr 13, 2013 11:55 pm

Hey I just acquired an 1970 bottled fully sealed never been opened with duty free seal that says 1970 so I assume that's when it was made what do they go for?
Bradman7654321

Return to Collector's Corner

Whisky gift and present finder