Not a member? - Register and login now.
All registered users can read our entire magazine archive.

Balvenie Private Vintage

Do you have a 50 year old vintage waiting to be discovered by a worthy collector? Post your details here and find out!
Forum rules
Please note items can not be offered for sale on this forum.

Balvenie Private Vintage

Postby Big Eck » Sun Jan 03, 2010 7:26 pm

For your information, if any of you have deep pockets, Balvenie have launched a 40 Year Old, World of Whiskies exclusive available at their shops at London Heathrow.

Price tag is £3500.00 GBP, they have called it a Private Vintage bottled at 48% vol, finished in Oak casks.

Seen it when I collected my Kininvie Hazelwood Reserve 17 year old.

They still had one bottle of cask 191 also at £6000
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Big Eck

Re: Balvenie Private Vintage

Postby orangedogofglory » Mon Jan 04, 2010 2:19 am

If Balvenie didn't make such great whiskies I'd send them a "strongly-worded" letter.*

Why do they always release this stuff to only airports, or some random part of the world? Could I drop US$5,600 on a bottle of 40 year old or US$9,700 on a bottle of cask 191? They will never know because I have no plans of going to Heathrow.

Would I fly into the airport just to get the bottle? Maybe - but that would clearly put me in stage 5 and I only want to enter that realm through distillery ownership. :P

Thanks for the heads up on this one! I tend to wonder if it is overpriced, but either way it is interesting!

*Just FYI, really I wouldn't.
orangedogofglory
Gold Member

Re: Balvenie Private Vintage

Postby Sir Dino » Mon Jan 04, 2010 3:02 pm

I was in Edinburgh in October and saw a bottle of legendary cask 191 there in the Duty Free, maybe World of Whisky... Price tag was 6.000 GBP 8)
I was very interested, but my wife was not amused because of my interest. :shock:
The purchase was not permitted to me. :cry: I could not even take a picture... :x
Sir Dino
Bronze Member

Return to Collector's Corner

Whisky gift and present finder