Not a member? - Register and login now.
All registered users can read our entire magazine archive.

Selling & valuation advice please

Do you have a 50 year old vintage waiting to be discovered by a worthy collector? Post your details here and find out!
Forum rules
Please note items can not be offered for sale on this forum.

Selling & valuation advice please

Postby woodgnome0911 » Wed Mar 17, 2010 5:23 pm

I have a bottle of Centennial Reserve, bottled to mark the 100th birthday of Janet Sheed Roberts, a Hazelwood 105, a Glenfiddich 21yr old in a Wedgewood Decanter and a Chivas Bros Royal Salute Ruby Flagon.

I would like to try and sell these if I can but I have no idea how to go about it or what they could be worth. Would I be better off trying to sell privately or some kind of auction. I live in the South East of England so not sure where I would have to go to find one.

Any advice on either selling or value for each of these bottles would very be very much appreciated.

Regards
J
woodgnome0911

Re: Selling & valuation advice please

Postby Big Eck » Thu Mar 18, 2010 12:35 am

The centennial is worth £350 - £370, don't be fooled by some prices online, remember this is a blend. I can lay my hands on two bottles tomorrow for that.

The 105 is a little harder to find at the moment, but I also know of a bottle with perfect label as I held it the other day and he wants £550 for that, staff at William Grant are selling it to the trade for around £450, some buyers will probably pay a premium if you are willing to ship abroad, remember it is against the rules to use Ebay and offer international postage for your collectable containers.

You could send them up to the forthcoming sale at McTears in Glasgow, or get in touch with Martin Green at Bonhams in Edinburgh, you have just missed their sale on March 3rd, next one is in June I think.
Big Eck

Re: Selling & valuation advice please

Postby AVB » Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:07 pm

The last Centennial I know of went for $445 (~£300) on Ebay. I do know of a private sale at the start of February for a 105 that was $800 (£530) delivered.
AVB
Bronze Member

Return to Collector's Corner

Whisky gift and present finder