Not a member? - Register and login now.
All registered users can read our entire magazine archive.

A Brand New Balvenie Release?

Do you have a 50 year old vintage waiting to be discovered by a worthy collector? Post your details here and find out!
Forum rules
Please note items can not be offered for sale on this forum.

A Brand New Balvenie Release?

Postby orangedogofglory » Thu Apr 08, 2010 11:29 pm

Anyone have a pulse on the new Balvenie whiskies coming out this year?

I understand there will be the next 17yo (not yet announced), Signature Batch 3 should be hitting the shelves now, new Vintage, etc... but there is also something brand new coming out. An Ambassador said it may be going to Taiwan first, but should follow up to the States.

Any ideas?
User avatar
orangedogofglory
Gold Member
 
Posts: 672
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2007 9:23 pm
Location: LA

Re: A Brand New Balvenie Release?

Postby bcrossan » Fri Apr 09, 2010 1:28 am

I figured he was talking about the new 17 release for 2010. What makes you think it is something else new?
User avatar
bcrossan
Silver Member
 
Posts: 412
Joined: Mon Mar 03, 2008 8:45 pm

Re: A Brand New Balvenie Release?

Postby orangedogofglory » Fri Apr 09, 2010 3:29 am

User avatar
orangedogofglory
Gold Member
 
Posts: 672
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2007 9:23 pm
Location: LA

Re: A Brand New Balvenie Release?

Postby Big Eck » Wed Apr 14, 2010 12:07 am

I'll try and contact David Mair and see if he is allowed to say what it is yet.

Eck.
Big Eck
New member
 
Posts: 21
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 9:48 pm
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland.

Re: A Brand New Balvenie Release?

Postby Muskrat Portage » Wed Apr 14, 2010 1:00 am

I've acquired The Balvenie Signature 1 and 2 so far here at the local LCBO and am waiting for 3 to show up. Funny thing is you have to open the package and look at the bottle to figure out the batch number. Maybe they should take a page from Aberlour and put it on the outside?

Musky
User avatar
Muskrat Portage
Triple Gold Member
 
Posts: 2381
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2005 12:47 am
Location: Jan says the North Pole, Ontario, Canada

Re: A Brand New Balvenie Release?

Postby orangedogofglory » Wed Apr 14, 2010 1:40 am

Muskrat Portage wrote:I've acquired The Balvenie Signature 1 and 2 so far here at the local LCBO and am waiting for 3 to show up. Funny thing is you have to open the package and look at the bottle to figure out the batch number. Maybe they should take a page from Aberlour and put it on the outside?

Musky


I noticed that myself - quite odd.
User avatar
orangedogofglory
Gold Member
 
Posts: 672
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2007 9:23 pm
Location: LA

Re: A Brand New Balvenie Release?

Postby AVB » Tue Apr 27, 2010 10:42 pm

My batch one says what it is right on the tube. Haven't seen a batch 2 at all.

Image


Muskrat Portage wrote:I've acquired The Balvenie Signature 1 and 2 so far here at the local LCBO and am waiting for 3 to show up. Funny thing is you have to open the package and look at the bottle to figure out the batch number. Maybe they should take a page from Aberlour and put it on the outside?

Musky
AVB
Bronze Member
 
Posts: 150
Joined: Fri Jan 28, 2005 5:56 pm
Location: Pennsylvania, USA

Re: A Brand New Balvenie Release?

Postby orangedogofglory » Tue Apr 27, 2010 10:54 pm

AVB wrote:My batch one says what it is right on the tube. Haven't seen a batch 2 at all.

Image


Muskrat Portage wrote:I've acquired The Balvenie Signature 1 and 2 so far here at the local LCBO and am waiting for 3 to show up. Funny thing is you have to open the package and look at the bottle to figure out the batch number. Maybe they should take a page from Aberlour and put it on the outside?

Musky


Mine shows on the tube:
http://wolfandwhisky.com/notes-balvenie ... batch-002/

The tube in the picture is actually batch 001, but the mini is batch 002.
User avatar
orangedogofglory
Gold Member
 
Posts: 672
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2007 9:23 pm
Location: LA

Re: A Brand New Balvenie Release?

Postby orangedogofglory » Tue Apr 27, 2010 10:55 pm

Oh - but my bottle is also a European release... not a US release... maybe there is a difference in the packaging between the 70cl and 750ml versions?
User avatar
orangedogofglory
Gold Member
 
Posts: 672
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2007 9:23 pm
Location: LA

Re: A Brand New Balvenie Release?

Postby AVB » Tue Apr 27, 2010 11:03 pm

Also, getting back on track about new bottles I'm fairly certain that a 14 yo Caribbean Rum Cask will be out later this year in the US.

I'm busting a gut about the new 17 but I've promised not to tell otherwise I may not get anymore tidbits of info in the future.
AVB
Bronze Member
 
Posts: 150
Joined: Fri Jan 28, 2005 5:56 pm
Location: Pennsylvania, USA

Re: A Brand New Balvenie Release?

Postby AVB » Tue Apr 27, 2010 11:22 pm

So which did you end up getting? Another '74?

Collector57 wrote:BTW - thtat 25yo arrived today in perfect condition, so I'm fixed. Thanks to all for the generous offers, time invested etc.
AVB
Bronze Member
 
Posts: 150
Joined: Fri Jan 28, 2005 5:56 pm
Location: Pennsylvania, USA

Re: A Brand New Balvenie Release?

Postby orangedogofglory » Tue Apr 27, 2010 11:53 pm

Collector57 wrote:Yes indeed - the same one that was damaged. Bottle 247 this time. And a good deal too...

Many thanks for your offer of help - and ODoG too.


Excellent - glad you were able to get one!
User avatar
orangedogofglory
Gold Member
 
Posts: 672
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2007 9:23 pm
Location: LA

Re: A Brand New Balvenie Release?

Postby orangedogofglory » Tue Apr 27, 2010 11:54 pm

AVB wrote:Also, getting back on track about new bottles I'm fairly certain that a 14 yo Caribbean Rum Cask will be out later this year in the US.

I'm busting a gut about the new 17 but I've promised not to tell otherwise I may not get anymore tidbits of info in the future.


News of the new 17 is leaking... very excited about this.

Hadn't heard about the 14yo Rum Cask... will be like the Rum Wood? Can't wait for this!
User avatar
orangedogofglory
Gold Member
 
Posts: 672
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2007 9:23 pm
Location: LA

Re: A Brand New Balvenie Release?

Postby AVB » Wed Apr 28, 2010 12:32 am

I hope so since I thought the 17 yo Rum Cask wasn't near as good as the 14 yo Rum Wood.

orangedogofglory wrote:Hadn't heard about the 14yo Rum Cask... will be like the Rum Wood? Can't wait for this!
AVB
Bronze Member
 
Posts: 150
Joined: Fri Jan 28, 2005 5:56 pm
Location: Pennsylvania, USA

Return to Collector's Corner

Whisky gift and present finder