Not a member? - Register and login now.
All registered users can read our entire magazine archive.

C J CROCKER

Do you have a 50 year old vintage waiting to be discovered by a worthy collector? Post your details here and find out!
Forum rules
Please note items can not be offered for sale on this forum.

C J CROCKER

Postby whitedarren1 » Sat Aug 21, 2010 2:20 pm

I have a bottle of this very rare bourbon if anybody would like to tell me how much it is worth it would be very appreciated. Email:darren@kbharrogate.co.uk
whitedarren1

Re: C J CROCKER

Postby curtisgb » Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:04 am

Hi,

I have a mate in Manchester who is very interested in acquiring a bottle. His da loved it and it is discontinued.

the best answer I can offer to your question is
rchaptini has an ebay store "rc collectibles plus" where he sells many collectibles and rarities. Price seems to be dependent on the bottle shape and size.

If you are willing to consider selling, then there my friend in the UK is very interested in acquiring.

curtisgb@yahoo.com
curtisgb

Re: C J CROCKER

Postby Magners » Wed Oct 09, 2013 1:32 pm

Sorry to disappoint you all but C.J. CROCKER was not a Bourbon or even a Whiskey, it was in fact flavoured rum.
How do I know, well I was the first Brand Manager for Crocker. It was produced by International Distillers and Vintners and we hand bottled and labled it in our Bishop Stortford Laboratory. We wanted a product that had all the credence of whisky but be easy drinking. The model for taste was Jack Daniels and Coke. The main flavouring was vanilla.
It was called the American Spike, which we derived from the C.J. Crocker name as this person was the guy who financed the Railroad across North America. The Railroad was completed by joining the Line in the West to that in the East and this happened with a big ceremony where Mr. Crocker dove in the last spike which was made of Gold. The whisky qualities were all inferred but never mentioned.
The product struggled to get distribution and then later Brand managers decided to admit it was Rum and that was the death knell, as Rum was very unfashionable then.
If you want to taste the product now, then an exact taste replica is available and successful now, it is called Captain Morgan Spiced Rum, it is exactly the same product.
Hope this helps, I have only just joined this site, so hence the lateness of this answer.
Magners

Return to Collector's Corner

Whisky gift and present finder