Not a member? - Register and login now.
All registered users can read our entire magazine archive.

Teaninich

Do you have a 50 year old vintage waiting to be discovered by a worthy collector? Post your details here and find out!
Forum rules
Please note items can not be offered for sale on this forum.
Related whiskies : Teaninich

Teaninich

Postby douglasburn » Sat Oct 02, 2010 10:35 pm

Hi, hope this is o/k for the forum I have a bottle of Rare Malt Collection Teaninich Natural Cask Strength 23yr. old Distilled 1972 64.95%vol 75cl bottle. Ltd. edition Bottle No. 2701 boxed is t worth anything. no longer required.
douglasburn

Re: Teaninich

Postby lohssanami » Sun Oct 03, 2010 1:19 am

This bottle has sold on Whisky Auction between 2006-2010 ranging from 176-320 Euros. The two bottles sold earlier this year went for 253 and 245 Euros.

It's sometimes hard to value bottles based on whisky retailers because there can be a large difference in selling price.

There is a 1973/23 yr Rare Malt - 57.1% at TWE for 125 GBP, though not an exact comparison to your bottle.

Master of Malt has your bottle for 229.95 GBP.

Since you would have to pay fees to put it on auction and pay for shipping yourself, you could probably expect to make just under 200 Euros, give or take a little either way, depending on bids and fees. Private party sale would be less than auction, unless you find someone that really wants it.

Just my opinion...hope it helps.
lohssanami
Double Gold Member

Postby douglasburn » Sun Oct 03, 2010 1:58 pm

Thanks lohssanami,

Much obliged, any information welcome I will now try to find someone who wants it, quite how I dion`t know. It`s sad a Scotsman trying to get rid of whisky. I have disposed of all my other stuff locally went like hotcakes, but nothing really expensive I will be left with one bottle a gift from colleagues when I took early retirement. not greatly expensive but very much a keeper.
douglasburn

Postby douglasburn » Tue Oct 05, 2010 10:35 pm

Would appreciate info on how I could best dispose of this item, apart of course from pouring it doon my neck.
douglasburn

Postby brummage » Wed Oct 06, 2010 10:45 am

Your best bet might be ebay. Whisky tends to go for a reasonable price on there.

Another possibility is some of the online whisky retailers such as The Whisky Exchange. They sometimes buy rare and discontinued bottles.

Good luck. :)
brummage

Postby douglasburn » Sun Oct 10, 2010 9:33 pm

Soory for taking so long to thank you brummage, I tried whisky exchange, however I felt the offer was a wee bit low.
Thanks for the info.
douglasburn

Postby brummage » Wed Oct 13, 2010 11:16 am

douglasburn wrote:Soory for taking so long to thank you brummage, I tried whisky exchange, however I felt the offer was a wee bit low.
Thanks for the info.

They tend to offer around 60% of what the retail price will ultimately be. You need to also bear in mind that the retail price includes VAT.

Good luck anyway.
brummage

Related whiskies : Teaninich

Return to Collector's Corner

Whisky gift and present finder