Not a member? - Register and login now.
All registered users can read our entire magazine archive.

Crown Royal seal intact 1956 unopened - looking for value

Do you have a 50 year old vintage waiting to be discovered by a worthy collector? Post your details here and find out!
Forum rules
Please note items can not be offered for sale on this forum.
Related whiskies : Crown Royal

Crown Royal seal intact 1956 unopened - looking for value

Postby redega » Wed Dec 29, 2010 12:24 am

I am looking to price an un-opened seal intact 1956 - 25 oz bottle of Crown Royal bottled in Waterloo Ontario Canada - with original blue box and bag. Where might I look?
redega

Re: Crown Royal seal intact 1956 unopened - looking for valu

Postby The Third Dram » Thu Dec 30, 2010 5:17 pm

It's probably best to coduct a cursory check on the internet on sites such as ebay, etc. I wouldn't expect too much in the way of financial reward compared to present-day prices for CR, however, as such venerable bottles seem to be just about everywhere. Plus there's always the lurking question as to the state of the contents. I'd imagine a fair number of these sorts of whiskies have spent years tucked away under less than ideal conditions (though that may not be the case with your's).

If I were you, I'd simply consider opening the bottle and tasting the whisky. Crown Royal editions from that era usually contain blends of older whiskies (from around a decade of age up to three decades), as well as being comprised of spirits distilled at a number of Seagram sites (like the renowned Waterloo facility) operational at the time. As such, they provide an opportunity to peek into the past.
The Third Dram
Triple Gold Member

Related whiskies : Crown Royal

Return to Collector's Corner

Whisky gift and present finder