Not a member? - Register and login now.
All registered users can read our entire magazine archive.

rarest of the rare. Ballantine's 33 yr

Do you have a 50 year old vintage waiting to be discovered by a worthy collector? Post your details here and find out!
Forum rules
Please note items can not be offered for sale on this forum.

rarest of the rare. Ballantine's 33 yr

Postby savage1234 » Tue Mar 15, 2011 5:03 pm

found a sealed bottle of Ballantine' 33 yrl scotch. i cannot find one article on this bottle anywhere online so here i am asking for help. Just want to know more about it. I know the 30 is considered exclusive but i have 33. here is a pic. amazing isnt it
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
savage1234

Re: rarest of the rare. Ballantine's 33 yr

Postby corbuso » Tue Mar 15, 2011 5:20 pm

This is indeed an american bottling. During the postwar period (WW2), the stocks of several vintages were low, so they had to correct the age for each batch individually
corbuso
Gold Member

Postby savage1234 » Tue Mar 15, 2011 6:36 pm

oh my god. thank you for your reply. i cannot find anything on this. on the bottom of the bottle it does read bottled in scotland. what do u think this would be valued at? i have been searching online for this for days and not one mention
savage1234

Postby savage1234 » Tue Mar 15, 2011 7:20 pm

anyone reading this and finds it interesting please drop a note. what my goal is would be to find the history of this bottle, and its value. i feel like i have a gem here and its so intriging that i cannot find one article mentioning this. I even emailed the company yesterday. Nothing yet
savage1234

Postby corbuso » Wed Mar 16, 2011 12:04 pm

savage1234 wrote:I even emailed the company yesterday. Nothing yet

They might have other priorities than investigating on an old bottle they sold, so do not be surprised if you do not get any answer.

The history about vintages can be found in the book "Ballantines story"
http://www.whisky-news.com/En/literature6.html

In US$, I would be willing to pay $180 for this bottle, since the filling level seem slightly low (below shoulder) but if you find the right person you might get more.
corbuso
Gold Member

Return to Collector's Corner

Whisky gift and present finder