Not a member? - Register and login now.
All registered users can read our entire magazine archive.

McCallum Perfection (25+yrs Old Whisky)

Do you have a 50 year old vintage waiting to be discovered by a worthy collector? Post your details here and find out!
Forum rules
Please note items can not be offered for sale on this forum.

McCallum Perfection (25+yrs Old Whisky)

Postby troyltk » Wed Jun 15, 2011 8:50 am

HI,
I have been trying hard to find out more about this bottle of Mccallum Perfection and it's value. Its been lying in my parents old cabinet for more then 20+years and not sure if its older then that. I have email Diageo and some forum but they have no idea. :headbang:

Appreciate if anyone could share some details on this. Or maybe i shall just drink it. Getting thirsty though.

Please see attachment.

Cheers
T
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
troyltk

Re: McCallum Perfection (25+yrs Old Whisky)

Postby jmrl » Tue Jun 21, 2011 8:24 pm

That looks old might be worth a few bob. Try Martin Green at Bonhams in Edinburgh he's a proper expert.
jmrl
Gold Member

Postby Stuart Salt » Tue Sep 27, 2011 11:32 am

Hi i'm from NSW, Australia and I have the same bottle of McCallum's Perfection only it's bottled in Sydney, Australia.

I was wondering if anyone could tell me whether the pin-prick date is correct - it says 31.6.23 - However, on the alluminium whisky-measure top it says 'Patented 1930' which contradicts the pin-prick date.

I would also like to find out how old it is and if it is worth something.

:)

Attached is some photos.
Whisky 4.jpg
Whisky 2.jpg
Whisky 3.jpg
Whisky 1.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Stuart Salt

Postby Ganga » Sun Oct 02, 2011 1:04 am

I've seen dating systems used where the year comes first so your date may be June 23, 1931.
Ganga
Matured cask

Return to Collector's Corner

Whisky gift and present finder