Not a member? - Register and login now.
All registered users can read our entire magazine archive.

Can anyone help a novice please?

Do you have a 50 year old vintage waiting to be discovered by a worthy collector? Post your details here and find out!
Forum rules
Please note items can not be offered for sale on this forum.

Can anyone help a novice please?

Postby EEM9174 » Wed May 23, 2012 11:31 pm

Hello

I have tried three times to post a photograph of some whisky which I have following the death of my parents, but the site won't allow me to post it, saying the website is undergoing maintenance or may have a programming error (?)

The bottles I have in my possession (amongst many others - around 40 bottles in total) are detailed below - could anyone please give me any indication of whether these bottles are of any value?

Old Inverness 70cl
Old Bannockburn (the fluid level in this one is lower than I think it ought to be but the bottle is sealed tight, and I have taken a photo of the seal also) 750ml
Swing - in a box
Dimple - in a box
Glenfiddich Peat Ember Caoran Reserve - with presentation tube
Passport Scotch -
Robbie Burns famed old Scotch Whisky

I would be more than happy to post photos but will need to try again tomorrow after I get home from work to see if it will work then. Sorry.

Any comments would be welcome, thank you.
EEM9174

Re: Can anyone help a novice please?

Postby John Barleycorn » Thu May 24, 2012 1:28 am

Hi

I have sent you a pm which may be of some help with upload photos.

Cheers John
John Barleycorn
Bronze Member

Postby EEM9174 » Thu May 24, 2012 7:40 pm

Thank you John, I have just read your PM and hope I can post the photos this evening.

Many thanks

Elizabeth
EEM9174

Update

Postby EEM9174 » Thu May 24, 2012 7:53 pm

Hi

Further to my post above, I am not able to post the photos as when I am trying to Add the File, I then get a blank screen and do not get the box with Posted Attachments in it.

Not to worry, I am thinking of gifting the whisky to a friend of my late father so it doesn't really matter if it is of any value or not.

Thanks for your help, and to anyone who read the initial post.

Elizabeth
EEM9174

Postby John Barleycorn » Thu May 24, 2012 9:15 pm

Hi Elizabeth,

Sorry you were unable to post the images, I would have been very interested to see what was in your late father's collection. It is a wonderful gift to pass on to his friend I am sure it will be greatly appreciated.

Regards John
John Barleycorn
Bronze Member

Postby EEM9174 » Thu May 24, 2012 10:01 pm

John

If you want to have a look at the bottles I have, I can e-mail the photos I took last night if you wish. They are by no means professional but you are welcome to have a look at them.

My father's friend is in Portugal at the moment, which is just typical. I have e-mailed a mutual friend tonight and been told he will come back to me when he returns to the UK.

Thanks for all of your help again.

Elizabeth
EEM9174

Return to Collector's Corner

Whisky gift and present finder