Not a member? - Register and login now.
All registered users can read our entire magazine archive.

Help! -First Choice Whisky, 350th Anniversary Royal Scots...

Do you have a 50 year old vintage waiting to be discovered by a worthy collector? Post your details here and find out!
Forum rules
Please note items can not be offered for sale on this forum.

Help! -First Choice Whisky, 350th Anniversary Royal Scots...

Postby regan » Sat Aug 07, 2004 8:17 pm

I'm after a valuation for a bottle of whisky presented to my great Grandfather. It is a bottle of First Choice Blended Scotch Whisky presented by HRH Princess Anne on the 31st July 1980 to commemorate the 350th anniversary of the raising of the regiment to the Royal Scots. It is distilled, blended and bottled by Whyte & Mackay distillers of Glasgow. My Grandad lived till 96 years old and fought in both world wars. The bottle is accompanied by a booklet describing the presentation of the colours at the garden of the Palace of Holyroodhouse. The label is in top condition, slightly off colour with age and the seal still intact. I can provide pictures of the label on the bottle and the booklet if anyone can offer anymore information. I don't know anything about collecting whisky and am trying to find a valuation on behaf of my mother who is thinking about selling it if the price is right. If anyone can be of any help, it would be greatly appreciated. (markregan82@hotmail.com)
regan

Postby Lawrence » Tue Aug 10, 2004 3:11 pm

I think it's value would be appreciated by somebody with a Royal Scot's connection. As an aside they still sell a Royal Scot's whisky in the RS Gift shop in the castle. You might try listing it on ebay with generous references to the Royal Scot's and the British Army. The value is the label & booklet and not the blend. Good luck.
Lawrence
Matured cask

Return to Collector's Corner

Whisky gift and present finder