Not a member? - Register and login now.
All registered users can read our entire magazine archive.

25 yr Old Glen Mhor any value

Do you have a 50 year old vintage waiting to be discovered by a worthy collector? Post your details here and find out!
Forum rules
Please note items can not be offered for sale on this forum.

25 yr Old Glen Mhor any value

Postby mgraham » Tue Sep 21, 2004 5:19 pm

Glen Mhor 25 year old Bottled from casks #1164/1166. Bottle #463 of1926 If this is authentic (which I feel it is) is it of value or should I open it and enjoy like I did bottle 462. I know the distillery was torn down in 1983 but more history on the distillery would be a great help
mgraham

unwins

Postby richard » Tue Sep 21, 2004 5:58 pm

the bottle you talk about is okay bottled by unwins at 45% pronouced as glen voar nice sherry casked whisky it closed 1983 it partner a 1969 oak caskrd whisky at 45% not as good value about £100.00 will become collectable as it gets rarer it you want any more info just say
richard
Silver Member

Postby Admiral » Wed Sep 22, 2004 4:07 am

I tried an older Glen Mhor bottling from Gordon & MacPhail, and was quite unimpressed. I could see why the distillery closed!

However, regardless of the taste of the contents, it is true that bottlings from silent stills are fast appreciating in value.

But having said that, Glen Mhor isn't the most glamorous or sought after malt, so whilst I'm sure you'll find a buyer and make a few quid, I'd let my tastebuds appreciate its value! :D

Cheers,
Admiral
Admiral
Triple Gold Member

Return to Collector's Corner

Whisky gift and present finder