Not a member? - Register and login now.
All registered users can read our entire magazine archive.

Ebay - what is going on ?

Do you have a 50 year old vintage waiting to be discovered by a worthy collector? Post your details here and find out!
Forum rules
Please note items can not be offered for sale on this forum.

Re: Ebay - what is going on ?

Postby richard » Sat Mar 09, 2013 2:56 pm

the only problem with posting on ebay germany is if somebody wins it you cant post out of the uk so it wont do you any good :headbang:

the word going around is ebay germany will be stopping alcahol some time soon but as we know ebay dont tell any one what is going on so i could happen tomorrow or six months down the line

richard :coffee:
richard
Silver Member

Postby bredman » Sat Mar 09, 2013 8:46 pm

Is anyone really that bothered? Everyone should just eBay their sour grapes and move on. Other options will be forthcoming i'm sure. Lets drink!
bredman
Double Gold Member

Postby richard » Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:08 pm

bredman wrote:Is anyone really that bothered? Everyone should just eBay their sour grapes and move on. Other options will be forthcoming i'm sure. Lets drink!

people must be bothered as they are replying to this forum something you must have missed :wink:

most people are fed up with the treatment by ebay
some maybe its hit there bottom line :headbang:

you say about other options with the post office soon to be stopping the posting of alcahol in the uk privatel posting not shops im not sure what is going to happen
to all those people that hoover up the latest bottles :cry:

richard
richard
Silver Member

Postby churchillsbar » Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:57 pm

Ebay rules, I too have been in trouble, not for whisky however. They allow bussiness sellers to do things private sellers cant, must be because of revenue they receive. Another problem people might not be aware of is the Royal Maill is now refusing to accept alcohol for delivery unless you are a bussiness. I was purchased a bottle online from a retailer, it arrived and was not as described, when I tried to return it Royal Mail refused. The retailer gave me the bottle FOC as could not viable to return. You can see what will happen in the end, there will be a total ban on sending alcohol. Big Brother is watching us.
churchillsbar

Postby chesterhaze » Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:15 am

They wouldn't tell me why, just kept saying it's their policy and no manager called me back to say why either. Whisky bid has the potential to be better anyway. Listings are free, pictures are free, reserves are £1, 7% seller fees and 0% buyer fees. Once word of this site gets around, they will hopefully have some rare and collectable bottles for sale! :thumbsup:
chesterhaze

Postby corbuso » Wed Apr 10, 2013 3:21 pm

You were probably removed from ebay germany since you are not based in Germany.
corbuso
Gold Member

Postby richard » Wed Apr 10, 2013 7:40 pm

is there something you know corbuso :shock:

my self and a few friends do not think a lot of whisky bid and the more i look into it the more i think i am right

richard
richard
Silver Member

Postby wr85496 » Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:25 pm

I had the pleasure of selling a bottle of Ardbeg Alligator Committee for £40 on WhiskyBid ... never again!
wr85496

Postby bredman » Thu Apr 11, 2013 4:42 am

Oh well, it a good place to buy at least. :lol:
bredman
Double Gold Member

Postby arussell99 » Sun Apr 14, 2013 1:57 pm

I use http://www.deluxauctions.co.uk/ also - they're a good outfit, low or zero listing fees and low commission. I've sold quite a few bottles through the site. They are still fairly small but following is growing and the eBay rule will help their trade no end :-)
Andy
arussell99

Postby richard » Tue Apr 23, 2013 6:22 pm

i dont use any of the latest auction sites just in case anyone asks

i must admit to laughing at the latest trick to sell whiskyon ebay sell a empty box but you can ask me a question about the item that i am selling ?????? :headbang:
an empty box for a hundred quid

i am also selling the same at another auction site for the same price but with the the whisky bottle thats missing of ebay ????? :thumbsup:

you have to laugh

richard
richard
Silver Member

Previous

Return to Collector's Corner

Whisky gift and present finder