Not a member? - Register and login now.
All registered users can read our entire magazine archive.

Where To Sell ?

Do you have a 50 year old vintage waiting to be discovered by a worthy collector? Post your details here and find out!
Forum rules
Please note items can not be offered for sale on this forum.

Where To Sell ?

Postby southerngirl777 » Mon Oct 29, 2012 8:16 pm

I read that Ebay has all but stopped you from selling on their site. So, where do you go to sell now? These bottles belong to a friend. They were purchased about 10 years ago. There are quite a few others; Old Fitzgerald, 3 different bottles of Old Forester, Rebel Yell, Macduff, Ballintines, Famous Grouse, and Old Taylor, all of which have the BIB in large letters on the front label. None of the bottles have been opened, but a few have evaperated a little.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
southerngirl777

Re: Where To Sell ?

Postby wchurst » Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:35 pm

Yes - Ebay has banned all bottles containing alcohol...and this had become a permanent ban as of Oct 12th, 2012.

If you are interestsed in selling bottles in the US, please contact me directly via
email to wchurst@hotmail.com...I have a number of very well placed buyers of
vintage spirits, and deal with about a dozen collectors & brokers as well - I'm sure I can find you buyers for anything made before 1980, and ones willing to pay fair market prices.

Cheers,
Walter C Hurst
wchurst

Postby rarewhiskycollector » Sun Dec 09, 2012 4:48 pm

I could do with some help selling my whisky collection. i have set up a website whisky4sale to do this. Any help spreading the word is appreciated.
rarewhiskycollector

Postby dryeager » Mon Dec 31, 2012 6:14 am

Did you happen to find prices on your bottles?
dryeager

Postby southerngirl777 » Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:12 am

No, unfortunately I haven't looked any further into it. I got kind of discouraged, I didn't know anyone was replying to this post. I am still interested in finding out the value of the bottles and where to sell..........thanks!!
southerngirl777

Postby Ganga » Fri Jan 04, 2013 5:27 am

for valuation, I would suggest that you try the boys over at straightbourbon.com.
Ganga
Matured cask

Return to Collector's Corner

Whisky gift and present finder