Not a member? - Register and login now.
All registered users can read our entire magazine archive.

WANTED: SMWS G5.3

Do you have a 50 year old vintage waiting to be discovered by a worthy collector? Post your details here and find out!
Forum rules
Please note items can not be offered for sale on this forum.

WANTED: SMWS G5.3

Postby M.M. Soune » Sat Nov 10, 2012 1:44 am

Hello All

I am rather desperately looking for bottles of the somewhat recent SMWS G5.3 bottling. These are meant to be a present for my grandfather who had a try of this, really liked it, and now cannot get any. With him being over 80, and the extent of his search being calling up SMWS, I am hoping that through the online community I will have greater luck. So I am looking for at least one bottle, preferably several. So if you have a bottle to spare in your collection do let me know as I am very interested.

Thanks for your help!
M.M. Soune

Re: WANTED: SMWS G5.3

Postby M.M. Soune » Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:27 am

Have received final word from SMWS: no bottles of G5.3 anywhere in their network.

Meaning the online community is my last hope. So if you have a bottle of the G5.3 in your collection let me know as I am more than prepared to pay over and beyond the original price. Or if you know of anyone who does, let me know, I am more than happy to pay a commission fee to find a bottle.

This is to be a present for my grandfather, who not only has an extensive collection but can also certainly more expensive bottles that I, so this is a great chance for me to surprise him with a gift therefore any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
M.M. Soune

Re: WANTED: SMWS G5.3

Postby Jobi » Thu Apr 04, 2013 5:37 am

Not sure where you ended up with this or where you're located, but I have a sample of G5.2 left from the bottle I had. You're welcome to it if it helps.
Jobi
Gold Member

Return to Collector's Corner

Whisky gift and present finder