Not a member? - Register and login now.
All registered users can read our entire magazine archive.

Calvert's Reserve

Do you have a 50 year old vintage waiting to be discovered by a worthy collector? Post your details here and find out!
Forum rules
Please note items can not be offered for sale on this forum.

Calvert's Reserve

Postby jbjorck » Mon Dec 06, 2004 1:43 am

Greetings. I am new and a total novice. I simply wish to find out if I might be sitting on something of value that others might wish to purchase. My grandfather died in 1981. Thus the whiskey must obviously be at least that old. My suspicion, however, is that it is much older, perhaps more like 30-40 years or more.

This is an unopened 1-quart bottle of 90 proof Calvert's "Reserve" blended whiskey. The front of the bottle states (under the word "Reserve") the following: "Calvert embodies that unusual smoothness and gratifying bouquet so pleasing to the connoisseur" Under this quote, it states "BLENDED AND BOTTLED BY THE CALVERT DISTILLING CO. BALTIMORE, MD" Finally, in small print at the label bottom, it states "REG U.S. PAT OFF"

The label on the back names the "Sales and Executive Offices, Chrysler Bldg. New York."

I look forward to hearing from anyone who can educate me as to whether I just have a nice bottle of whiskey or something more.

Thanks.

jbjorck

Return to Collector's Corner

Whisky gift and present finder