Not a member? - Register and login now.
All registered users can read our entire magazine archive.

What to do with this Iain Henderson Laphroaig Memorabilia

Do you have a 50 year old vintage waiting to be discovered by a worthy collector? Post your details here and find out!
Forum rules
Please note items can not be offered for sale on this forum.

What to do with this Iain Henderson Laphroaig Memorabilia

Postby adogranonthepitch » Sun Mar 03, 2013 2:19 pm

Hi guys

I appreciate I haven't been around the forum for a while, sorry, a combination of a new job that means I seem to work every hour, and the wife (she's set up her own business and that needs my support instead of whisky). I still collect, but not so much drinking, as it seems to go down a little too easily!

Anyway, I wanted to ask the opinion of the forum. In a time when i had lots of money and and networked like hell, me and fiend purchased some Memorabilia from Iain Henderson, ex manager of Laphroaig, after he retired from Norfolk.

Now, its time for some of the items to have a new mummy and daddy.

Amoungst the items,were two decanters and a bottle of 15yo laphroaig

The first decanter is the actual throphy awarded by the IWSC for the Special Edition Single malt Whisky in 2002 for Laphroaig 30yo. It is signed by Iain himself

close up ..

and the signature on the base ..

The second decanter, is a Laphroaig water jug, which was etched by the distillery,as a Replica of winning the main throphy itself in 1993. Again, signed by Iain.

and here its signed ..

and Thirdly, the bottle ...

Here is a link to the the story with Loch Fyne (scroll down three quarters of the page to the picture of iain standing and talking on a stage) .. http://www.lfw.co.uk/whisky_review/article14-2.html

Now, question, where would you market them, I dont know wether to go for Scotch Whisky Auctions (decent fee's), WhiskyAuction (getting the German market but high fee's) .. or ebay? ...

Everyone's thought's would be appreciated.

Christopher
adogranonthepitch
Gold Member

Return to Collector's Corner

Whisky gift and present finder