Not a member? - Register and login now.
All registered users can read our entire magazine archive.

Dimple Haig Whiskey

Do you have a 50 year old vintage waiting to be discovered by a worthy collector? Post your details here and find out!
Forum rules
Please note items can not be offered for sale on this forum.

Dimple Haig Whiskey

Postby callen125 » Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:59 pm

Hi there
Need some advice I have a bottle of Dimple Haig whiskey in it's orginal box sealed with it's wire 'frame'.
The problem is no one remembers when it was bought it is either a 1921 bottle when my aunt was born or 1942 when she became 21.
What I want to know is how you can tell which year and is it valuable, can't see it being more than a few quid but would like advise.
Also have a bottle of Hennassy Cognac (boxed) from a similar era if anyone has any idea where I could find the value if thst it would be great.

Re: Dimple Haig Whiskey

Postby callen125 » Fri Mar 08, 2013 1:46 pm

I have had a further look at the bottle 1921 is wrong must be after 1936 as it says by appointment to the late George V on the neck
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Postby John Barleycorn » Sat Mar 09, 2013 7:17 pm

There's a bottle up for auction at Mulberry Bank Auction, GLasgow. ... pageNo=217
John Barleycorn
Bronze Member

Postby Haig Whisky Club » Sun May 10, 2015 5:30 pm

Hi folks,

We have developed an info-graphic on dating or aging old bottles of Haig Dimple and Pinch over at our Haig Whisky Club site at ... ging-haig/.

Most of it is common sense such as looking at the monarch featuring on the coat of arms on the bottle but we have also included some helpful guidance on the colour of foil caps and the introduction of spring caps.

Kind regards,

Haig Whisky Club

Postby Ganga » Mon May 11, 2015 5:12 am

Thank you Stuart. We get a lot of these questions and if you know of a place to help with other whiskies, it would be appreciated to get it here. We could start a thread to show where folks should look to date their bottle in question.
Matured cask

Return to Collector's Corner

Whisky gift and present finder