Not a member? - Register and login now.
All registered users can read our entire magazine archive.

Show Off Your Inventory

Do you have a 50 year old vintage waiting to be discovered by a worthy collector? Post your details here and find out!
Forum rules
Please note items can not be offered for sale on this forum.

Postby Deactivated Member » Wed Nov 15, 2006 2:14 pm

You gonna drink that?
Deactivated Member

Postby ardbug » Thu Nov 16, 2006 12:53 am

Not a huge collection but im working on it, this has been gathered mostly in the last two years

opened

Ardbeg 10yr old ob 46%
Bowmore 12yr old ob. 40%
Bowmore darkest ob. 40%
Glenfarclas 12yr old. ob 43%
Glenfarclas 15yr old. ob 46% new label
Glenfarclas 105 ob. 60%
Glenfiddich Solera Reserve 15yr old 40%
Glengoyne 17yr old ob. 43%
Highland Park 12 yr old 43%
Highland Park 18yr old 43%
Lagavulin 16 yr old ob.43%
Laphroaig 10yr old ob. 43%
Laphroaig 15yr old ob. 43%
Laphroaig Quartercask ob. 48%
Macallan Fine Oak 12 yr old ob 43%
Old Pulteney 12yr old ob. 40%
Smiths of Angaston 1997 7 yr old 40% ( austalian single malt )
Springbank 10yr old ob. 40% ( old box)
Talisker 10yr old ob. 45.8%
Talisker distillers edition 1991 ob 45.8%

Unopened
Aberlour a'bunadh batch 12 ob 59.8%?
Aberlour a'bunadh batch 14 ob 60.1%?
Ardbeg still young ob 56.2% X 2
Ardbeg Lord of the Isles ob 46%
Ardbeg 1990 Airigh Nam Beist ob 46%
Ardbeg 1977 ob. 46%
Balvenie 12 yr old double wood ob 43%
Bruichladdich 10 yr old ob 46%
Bruichladdich 12 yr old ob 46%
Bruichladdich 15 yr old ob 46%
Bruichladdich XVII yr old ob 46%
Coal Ila 12 yr old ob 43%
Coal Ila 18 yr old ob 43% 1 ltr
Compas Box the spice tree ob 46%
Glenfarclas 15yr old. ob 46% new label
Glenfarclas 105 ob. 60% X 2
Glengoyne 17yr old ob. 43%
Glengoyne 21yr old ob. 43%
Isle of Jura Supertition ob. 45%
Laphroaig 12yr old OMC Douglas Laing 50% X 2
Laphroaig 15yr old ob. 43%
Laphroaig Quartercask ob. 48%
Mortlach 20yr old OMC Douglas Laing 50%
Oban 14yr old ob. 43%
Port Ellen 2nd release
Port Ellen 23yr old OMC Douglas Laing 50 %
Smiths of Angaston 1997 7 yr old 40% ( austalian single malt )
Springbank 10yr old ob. 40% ( old box)

hey, i just realised my last purchase pushed to over 50 bottles, now to make 100 etc.. etc
I do buy to drink not collect, many are brought to just to try, yet unopened.
Then some are brought for stock because they are favourites or for special occassions.

I,m hunting for more Ardbeg 1977s if anybody has some and they would like to reduce their stock?

Cheers Ardbug
ardbug

Postby TheLaddie » Thu Nov 16, 2006 1:31 am

dram_time wrote:How do you like the Penderyn ??

Hi. It's a medeira finish which is the first thing to hit you on the nose and the palate. There's a little bit of creamy toffee and peppermint there but it didn't give me very much else and the finish is disappointingly short. A drop of water doesn't help. Not unlike a young Littlemill (quick, someone pass Mr T the sick bowl...)

It's a young pup yet and I'm unlikely to buy another bottle until it has a few more years to develop some character. Hopefully then they will do a bottling without a finish to allow the distillery character to come through.
TheLaddie
Gold Member

Re: Update of my Arran-collection

Postby TheLaddie » Thu Nov 16, 2006 1:35 am

maltlovinglawyer wrote:Scotland is calling

Yeah. It wants to know where all it's whisky has gone... :wink:
TheLaddie
Gold Member

Postby Deactivated Member » Thu Nov 16, 2006 7:53 am

TheLaddie wrote:
dram_time wrote:How do you like the Penderyn ??

Not unlike a young Littlemill (quick, someone pass Mr T the sick bowl...)

Oh no! I found the Penderyn very drinkable. The one Littlemill I've had (admittedly not a fair sample) was a crime against nature.
Deactivated Member

Postby TheLaddie » Thu Nov 16, 2006 9:09 am

MrTattieHeid wrote:Oh no! I found the Penderyn very drinkable. The one Littlemill I've had (admittedly not a fair sample) was a crime against nature.

Yeah, I mean I found the Penderyn very drinkable too, but in the same way I find a 12yo Glenfiddich or 10yo Glenmorangie very drinkable. Inoffensive rather than interesting but I'm not averse to seeing how it develops. Not unpleasant in any way though.

It may be worth you trying the 12yo Littlemill that has just replaced the 8yo (they have released miniatures) I found it very fruity/sweet. Reasonable body for a lowland. My unsophisticated palate usually can't tell a Lowland from a glass of water.
TheLaddie
Gold Member

Postby Scotty Mc » Thu Nov 16, 2006 11:10 pm

An up to date picture of my collection after a room reshuffle.

All the open bottles are in the bottom left hand corner, except the HP above.

It doesn't look a lot but its fifty bottles, 49 too many if my girlfriend had her way :wink: :lol:

I don't moan about her shoes though! :shock: :D

Scotty Mc
Silver Member

Postby irishwhiskeychaser » Fri Nov 17, 2006 2:42 pm

Scotty Mc wrote:.......It doesn't look a lot ........

Nothing wrong with that collection. 50 bottles is nothing to be sniffed at.

Tell yourr misses that it is asthecially pleasing to any man that happens to be in the room and acts as male feng shui .
irishwhiskeychaser
Cask Strength Gold Member

Postby Deactivated Member » Fri Nov 17, 2006 3:42 pm

Fifty bottles is lots to sniff at!
Deactivated Member

Postby irishwhiskeychaser » Fri Nov 17, 2006 5:00 pm

:lol: :lol:

I like how your mind works
irishwhiskeychaser

Postby Scotty Mc » Fri Nov 17, 2006 8:52 pm

irishwhiskeychaser wrote:
Tell yourr misses that it is asthecially pleasing to any man that happens to be in the room and acts as male feng shui .

I'll try that one!! :lol:

When I look at it, it doesn't seem like 50 bottles. Just wait until I hit 100, 200 etc. I think I'll be single then! :lol:
Scotty Mc
Silver Member

Postby Thesh » Fri Nov 17, 2006 9:15 pm

Scotty Mc wrote:
irishwhiskeychaser wrote:

I'll try that one!! :lol:

When I look at it, it doesn't seem like 50 bottles. Just wait until I hit 100, 200 etc. I think I'll be single then! :lol:

No, you will have 100 or 200 good friends.
Thesh
Bronze Member

Postby paraman59 » Sat Nov 18, 2006 7:06 am

GREETINGS TO ALL....

I WOULD JUST LIKE TO SHARE MY ANGLE ON THIS SCOTCH THING...
THE WINE & SPIRITS INDUSTRY HAS BEEN VERY KIND TO ME THESE LAST 12 YEARS....
WHEN I STARTED AS A STOCKBOY IN AN UPSCALE WINE SHOP JUST NORTH OF CHAPPAQUA (CLINTONS) AT GREEN LANE WINES & LIQUORS IN BEDFORD HILLS, NEW YORK....

I SPONTANEOUSLY REALIZED AN OPPORTUNITY FOR COUNTLESS CAREER OPPORTUNITIES IN AN INDUSTRY AT THE INFANCY OF THE PRETENCIOUS WINE GEEK ERA OF 1994....

I OBSERVED THE SALESPEOPLE CALLING ON THE OWNER EVERY DAY PITCHING WINES THAT CAME WITH KICKBACKS LIKE TV'S, TRIPS TO WINERIES, MONEY AND MORE.... MOST OF THESE SALESPEOPLE LACKED PERSONALITY, CHARACTER OR ORIGINALITY.... THE OWNER WOULD HIDE FROM THESE ANNOYING, RELENTLESS SALESPEOPLE...

I QUICKLY REALIZED THAT THIS WAS MY NEW 5 YEAR PLAN....
BECAUSE MOST OF THESE SALESPEOPLE, WHO ARE CURRENTLY MY COLLEGUES OR COMPETITORS WERE IDIOTS.....

IT WOULD APPEAR THAT AT THAT TIME IN THE INDUSTRY THEY WERE HIRING COLLEGE GRADUATES WHO ARE IN ALL FAIRNESS THE WORST EMPLOYEES. RIGHT OUT OF COLLEGE THEY WOULD GET A JOB BASED ON A PIECE OF PAPER....THEY LACKED ALL THE NECESSARY SKILLS.....
MOST IMPORTANTLY---PEOPLE SKILLS....SOME HAVE IT, SOME LEARN IT
SOME JUST BOUNCE THROUGH THIER CAREERS KNOWN AS AN A-HOLE
OR LOUSY SALES REP...THEY AVOID FAILURE BY JOB JUMPING UNTIL THEY FIGURE OUT THE PEOPLE THING...
I, MYSELF FORTUNATELY EMBARKED UPON THE BANKING INDUSTRY DIRECTLY FROM HIGH SCHOOL WHICH DEFINITELY HELPED DEVELOP MY ABILITY TO COMMUNICATE, SERVICE AND PROBLEM SOLVE WITH TENS OF THOUSANDS OF BANKING CUSTOMERS FOR A PERIOD OF 5 YEARS IN 2 DIFFERENT BANKS THROUGH A DOZEN OR SO BRANCHES...
I WAS A HEAD TELLER/CUSTOMER SERVICE REP AT THE AGE OF 21 YEARS OLD...I WOULD SCHEDULE MYSELF 6 OR 7 DAYS A WEEK AND
EARNED OVER $40,000.....I SAW MY FUTURE WHEN I WOULD LOOK AT MY MANAGER OF WHATEVER BRANCH I RAN AND SAW THE DEAD -END...
TO BE QUITE HONEST I STRESSED SO BAD THAT I WOULD DRINK A 12 PACK OF MOLSON EVERY NIGHT.. THE PEOPLE I WORKED WITH WERE IDIOTS AND THEY NEVER LET ME FIRE THEM...
I QUIT. MOVED TO CARMEL NY WITH A RELATIVE..I STUDIED CHESS/FISHED, WATCHED TV AND COLLECTED UNEMPLOYMENT FOR 2 YEARS...
WHEN I STARTED AT THE WINE SHOP AS A STOCK GUY, I QUICKLY LEARNED ALL POSITIONS, CASHIER, SALES, PURCHASING, UNTIL FINALLY MANAGEMENT...MANY JOB OFFERS CAME MY WAY WHEN I WAS AT MY PRIME AS A WINE GEEK....I HAVE TO SAY.. OF ALL THE JOBS I'VE EVER HAD, SELLING WINE TO REGULAR CUSTOMERS THAT TRUSTED ME WITH MY RECOMMENDATIONS WAS THE ONE JOB I THOUGHT I COULD DO FOREVER...I INFLUENCED THE WAY A WHOLE TOWN APPRECIATED WINES I
SELECTED FROM THOUSANDS OF BOTTLES AT MANY A DRUNKEN TASTING.
PURCHASED FROM DISTRIBUTERS RIGHT TO THE CONSUMER.....
I DEALT WITH STANLEY TUCCI, THE KENNEDYS (CHEAP, CRAZY PAINS IN THE ASS) AND TONS OF OTHER LOYALTY LIKE JOEY RAMONE .
I HAD THEM ALL DRINKING SPANISH WINES WHEN ALL THE CALIFORNIAN WINES GOT HOT AND NEARLY DOUBLED PRICES...
THIER WERE ALOT OF KILLER ITALIAN, CALIFORNIAN VINTAGES BACK THEN AND I STILL HAVE THE SPANISH WINES I COLLECTED......
MOSTLY PESQUERAS..2 CASES OF 94 JANUS, CASTILLO YGAY 82,85,87,ALOT OF THE 1989!!!
THE FUNNY THING IS I DON'T REALLY CARE FOR THEM ANYMORE...
FOR ME IT IS LIKE WORK TO DRINK A BOTTLE...
IT KILLS ME TO SHARE MY TREASURES DURING THE HOLIDAYS WITH PEOPLE WHO THINK CHABLIS IS A GRAPE....
ANYWHOO I TOOK A JOB OFFER FROM ONE OF THE SMALLER COMPANIES THAT SPECIALIZED IN PORTUGUESE WINES...I DEVELOPED EVERY POSSIBLE CONTACT THROUGH RELENTLESS HOURS OF DOING WINE TASTINGS FOR RETAILERS, CHARITABLE EVENTS AND SO ON...
I'M THE GUY THAT USES HIS OWN REAL WINE GLASSES AT THOSE WEEKEND TASTINGS IN SOUTHERN N.Y.
AT A CERTAIN POINT IN MY CAREER I COULD CHOOSE WHAT COMPANY I WOULD LIKE TO WORK FOR....
BUT I GOT INTO A RUT AND ENJOYED BEING THE UNDERDOG....
I KICKED ALL THE BIG GUYS ASSES AND THEY WANTED ME ON THIER SIDE...
I SOLD MY SOUL TO A BIG DISTRIBUTER WITH A NEAR 6 FIGURE 2 YEAR CONTRACT SELLING LIQUOR....I WENT CORPORATE
I NOW PEDDLE 5 NEW VODKAS/OR WHATEVER EVERY MONTH TO YOUR LOCAL WESTCHESTER RESTAURANTS...
IF THERE ARE ANY YOUNG PEOPLE OUT THERE I RECOMMEND THIS CAREER PATH HIGHLY....THE FREE TASTINGS....THE TRIPS TO WINERIES ALL OVER THE WORLD WITH FIRST CLASS ACCOMODATIONS...
BUT THE KNOWLEDGE IS BULLSHIT THERE ARE NO BAD WINES, JUST WINES THAT SOME PEOPLE LIKE AND SOME DON'T....
SELLING WINE BECOMES MOSTLY LIES BECAUSE IT BECOMES IMPOSSIBLE TO KEEP UP TO DATE WITH EVERY VINTAGE..
YOU RELY ON CHARACTERISTICS AND CONSISTENCIES.....
THE WORST PART ABOUT THE WINE WORLD IS THE PEOPLE WHO GET
ALL SERIOUS WHEN THEY TASTE, SPIT AND MOAN...
EVERYBODY IS PRETENDING TO HAVE A CLUE...
ANYBODY CAN SELL WINE.. IT IS EASY.. YOU JUST HAVE TO DRINK IT ALL THE TIME....NOTES ARE BULLSHIT BECAUSE YOU WILL NEVER READ THEM..

I NOW HAVE NO IDEA WHAT MY POINT IS SO I AM GOING TO LET YOU GUYS KNOW ABOUT MY RECENT EXPERIENCE ON E-BAY....

I MADE $1,500. LAST WEEK SELLING LAPHROIG, FERRAND, GLENROTHES,
JIM BEAM AND MORE....
IT IS MORE WORK THAN MY REAL JOB, BUT I LIKE THE CHALLENGE...
IF ANYONE HAS A LAPHROIG 40 YEAR YOU COULD GET $600-700
THERE ARE MANY INTERESTING OPPORTUNITIES TO BE FOUND...
I STARTED OUT SMALL, BUT THEN REALIZED I CAN GET ALL THE RARE STUFF THROUGH MY JOB...SELL FEWER, MORE PRICEY BOTTLES- MAKE MORE MONEY...\
IF ANYONE IS INTERESTED i WILL BE LISTING THE NEWLY RELEASED GLENROTHES SINGLE CASK 1979 #13458
ONLY 519 BOTTLES IN EXISTENCE
THERE ARE ONLY 8 BOTTLES IN ALL OF NEW YORK...
ECONOMICS SAYS I SHOULD ASK FOR $1,200.
BUT WE WILL SEE...
I HAVE TO GO NOW AND SELL, SELL, SELL ON E-BAY

(MY OPINION-DON'T ARGUE!)
paraman59

Postby adogranonthepitch » Sat Nov 18, 2006 11:00 am

Dear Paraman59

I really enjoyed your note/essay. I found very interesting. Thank you. Only one comment though. Look on your keyboard, but has your keyboard have a button to the left of the letter 'A'.

You might not have it in the USA, but it is a new invention, its called the CAPS LOCK button.

It makes the reading more pleasant to read :wink:

Joking aside, good to have you on board

Yours adogranonthepitch
adogranonthepitch
Gold Member

Postby Di Blasi » Sat Nov 18, 2006 2:07 pm

Yea paraman59, welcome. Great post!
Di Blasi

Postby Drrich1965 » Sat Nov 18, 2006 4:15 pm

paraman59 wrote:GREETINGS TO ALL....

I WOULD JUST LIKE TO SHARE MY ANGLE ON THIS SCOTCH THING...
THE WINE & SPIRITS INDUSTRY HAS BEEN VERY KIND TO ME THESE LAST 12 YEARS....
WHEN I STARTED AS A STOCKBOY IN AN UPSCALE WINE SHOP JUST NORTH OF CHAPPAQUA (CLINTONS) AT GREEN LANE WINES & LIQUORS IN BEDFORD HILLS, NEW YORK....

I SPONTANEOUSLY REALIZED AN OPPORTUNITY FOR COUNTLESS CAREER OPPORTUNITIES IN AN INDUSTRY AT THE INFANCY OF THE PRETENCIOUS WINE GEEK ERA OF 1994....

I OBSERVED THE SALESPEOPLE CALLING ON THE OWNER EVERY DAY PITCHING WINES THAT CAME WITH KICKBACKS LIKE TV'S, TRIPS TO WINERIES, MONEY AND MORE.... MOST OF THESE SALESPEOPLE LACKED PERSONALITY, CHARACTER OR ORIGINALITY.... THE OWNER WOULD HIDE FROM THESE ANNOYING, RELENTLESS SALESPEOPLE...

I QUICKLY REALIZED THAT THIS WAS MY NEW 5 YEAR PLAN....
BECAUSE MOST OF THESE SALESPEOPLE, WHO ARE CURRENTLY MY COLLEGUES OR COMPETITORS WERE IDIOTS.....

IT WOULD APPEAR THAT AT THAT TIME IN THE INDUSTRY THEY WERE HIRING COLLEGE GRADUATES WHO ARE IN ALL FAIRNESS THE WORST EMPLOYEES. RIGHT OUT OF COLLEGE THEY WOULD GET A JOB BASED ON A PIECE OF PAPER....THEY LACKED ALL THE NECESSARY SKILLS.....
MOST IMPORTANTLY---PEOPLE SKILLS....SOME HAVE IT, SOME LEARN IT
SOME JUST BOUNCE THROUGH THIER CAREERS KNOWN AS AN A-HOLE
OR LOUSY SALES REP...THEY AVOID FAILURE BY JOB JUMPING UNTIL THEY FIGURE OUT THE PEOPLE THING...
I, MYSELF FORTUNATELY EMBARKED UPON THE BANKING INDUSTRY DIRECTLY FROM HIGH SCHOOL WHICH DEFINITELY HELPED DEVELOP MY ABILITY TO COMMUNICATE, SERVICE AND PROBLEM SOLVE WITH TENS OF THOUSANDS OF BANKING CUSTOMERS FOR A PERIOD OF 5 YEARS IN 2 DIFFERENT BANKS THROUGH A DOZEN OR SO BRANCHES...
I WAS A HEAD TELLER/CUSTOMER SERVICE REP AT THE AGE OF 21 YEARS OLD...I WOULD SCHEDULE MYSELF 6 OR 7 DAYS A WEEK AND
EARNED OVER $40,000.....I SAW MY FUTURE WHEN I WOULD LOOK AT MY MANAGER OF WHATEVER BRANCH I RAN AND SAW THE DEAD -END...
TO BE QUITE HONEST I STRESSED SO BAD THAT I WOULD DRINK A 12 PACK OF MOLSON EVERY NIGHT.. THE PEOPLE I WORKED WITH WERE IDIOTS AND THEY NEVER LET ME FIRE THEM...
I QUIT. MOVED TO CARMEL NY WITH A RELATIVE..I STUDIED CHESS/FISHED, WATCHED TV AND COLLECTED UNEMPLOYMENT FOR 2 YEARS...
WHEN I STARTED AT THE WINE SHOP AS A STOCK GUY, I QUICKLY LEARNED ALL POSITIONS, CASHIER, SALES, PURCHASING, UNTIL FINALLY MANAGEMENT...MANY JOB OFFERS CAME MY WAY WHEN I WAS AT MY PRIME AS A WINE GEEK....I HAVE TO SAY.. OF ALL THE JOBS I'VE EVER HAD, SELLING WINE TO REGULAR CUSTOMERS THAT TRUSTED ME WITH MY RECOMMENDATIONS WAS THE ONE JOB I THOUGHT I COULD DO FOREVER...I INFLUENCED THE WAY A WHOLE TOWN APPRECIATED WINES I
SELECTED FROM THOUSANDS OF BOTTLES AT MANY A DRUNKEN TASTING.
PURCHASED FROM DISTRIBUTERS RIGHT TO THE CONSUMER.....
I DEALT WITH STANLEY TUCCI, THE KENNEDYS (CHEAP, CRAZY PAINS IN THE ASS) AND TONS OF OTHER LOYALTY LIKE JOEY RAMONE .
I HAD THEM ALL DRINKING SPANISH WINES WHEN ALL THE CALIFORNIAN WINES GOT HOT AND NEARLY DOUBLED PRICES...
THIER WERE ALOT OF KILLER ITALIAN, CALIFORNIAN VINTAGES BACK THEN AND I STILL HAVE THE SPANISH WINES I COLLECTED......
MOSTLY PESQUERAS..2 CASES OF 94 JANUS, CASTILLO YGAY 82,85,87,ALOT OF THE 1989!!!
THE FUNNY THING IS I DON'T REALLY CARE FOR THEM ANYMORE...
FOR ME IT IS LIKE WORK TO DRINK A BOTTLE...
IT KILLS ME TO SHARE MY TREASURES DURING THE HOLIDAYS WITH PEOPLE WHO THINK CHABLIS IS A GRAPE....
ANYWHOO I TOOK A JOB OFFER FROM ONE OF THE SMALLER COMPANIES THAT SPECIALIZED IN PORTUGUESE WINES...I DEVELOPED EVERY POSSIBLE CONTACT THROUGH RELENTLESS HOURS OF DOING WINE TASTINGS FOR RETAILERS, CHARITABLE EVENTS AND SO ON...
I'M THE GUY THAT USES HIS OWN REAL WINE GLASSES AT THOSE WEEKEND TASTINGS IN SOUTHERN N.Y.
AT A CERTAIN POINT IN MY CAREER I COULD CHOOSE WHAT COMPANY I WOULD LIKE TO WORK FOR....
BUT I GOT INTO A RUT AND ENJOYED BEING THE UNDERDOG....
I KICKED ALL THE BIG GUYS ASSES AND THEY WANTED ME ON THIER SIDE...
I SOLD MY SOUL TO A BIG DISTRIBUTER WITH A NEAR 6 FIGURE 2 YEAR CONTRACT SELLING LIQUOR....I WENT CORPORATE
I NOW PEDDLE 5 NEW VODKAS/OR WHATEVER EVERY MONTH TO YOUR LOCAL WESTCHESTER RESTAURANTS...
IF THERE ARE ANY YOUNG PEOPLE OUT THERE I RECOMMEND THIS CAREER PATH HIGHLY....THE FREE TASTINGS....THE TRIPS TO WINERIES ALL OVER THE WORLD WITH FIRST CLASS ACCOMODATIONS...
BUT THE KNOWLEDGE IS BULLSHIT THERE ARE NO BAD WINES, JUST WINES THAT SOME PEOPLE LIKE AND SOME DON'T....
SELLING WINE BECOMES MOSTLY LIES BECAUSE IT BECOMES IMPOSSIBLE TO KEEP UP TO DATE WITH EVERY VINTAGE..
YOU RELY ON CHARACTERISTICS AND CONSISTENCIES.....
THE WORST PART ABOUT THE WINE WORLD IS THE PEOPLE WHO GET
ALL SERIOUS WHEN THEY TASTE, SPIT AND MOAN...
EVERYBODY IS PRETENDING TO HAVE A CLUE...
ANYBODY CAN SELL WINE.. IT IS EASY.. YOU JUST HAVE TO DRINK IT ALL THE TIME....NOTES ARE BULLSHIT BECAUSE YOU WILL NEVER READ THEM..

I NOW HAVE NO IDEA WHAT MY POINT IS SO I AM GOING TO LET YOU GUYS KNOW ABOUT MY RECENT EXPERIENCE ON E-BAY....

I MADE $1,500. LAST WEEK SELLING LAPHROIG, FERRAND, GLENROTHES,
JIM BEAM AND MORE....
IT IS MORE WORK THAN MY REAL JOB, BUT I LIKE THE CHALLENGE...
IF ANYONE HAS A LAPHROIG 40 YEAR YOU COULD GET $600-700
THERE ARE MANY INTERESTING OPPORTUNITIES TO BE FOUND...
I STARTED OUT SMALL, BUT THEN REALIZED I CAN GET ALL THE RARE STUFF THROUGH MY JOB...SELL FEWER, MORE PRICEY BOTTLES- MAKE MORE MONEY...\
IF ANYONE IS INTERESTED i WILL BE LISTING THE NEWLY RELEASED GLENROTHES SINGLE CASK 1979 #13458
ONLY 519 BOTTLES IN EXISTENCE
THERE ARE ONLY 8 BOTTLES IN ALL OF NEW YORK...
ECONOMICS SAYS I SHOULD ASK FOR $1,200.
BUT WE WILL SEE...
I HAVE TO GO NOW AND SELL, SELL, SELL ON E-BAY

(MY OPINION-DON'T ARGUE!)

Why do those who have not been to college feel the need to disparage it? As I read in a literature course many years ago (you know, in College, which somehow transformed me into an incompetent, antisocial buffoon), and yes, I paraphrase (as only a college graduate and loser would do): Me thinks the lady, protesteth too much (I bet I even spelled a word incorrectly, my what a waste of good money my education was).

:wink: :evil: :?
Drrich1965
Gold Member

Postby Wave » Sat Nov 18, 2006 5:28 pm

Me thinks the lady, protesteth too much (I bet I even spelled a word incorrectly, my what a waste of good money my education was).

Naw, you got it right, your education is still intacted. :lol: :wink:

Cheers!
Wave
Double Gold Member

Postby Drrich1965 » Sat Nov 18, 2006 9:09 pm

Wave wrote:
Me thinks the lady, protesteth too much (I bet I even spelled a word incorrectly, my what a waste of good money my education was).

Naw, you got it right, your education is still intacted. :lol: :wink:

Cheers!

HEY!!! That is EdJumacation to you, sir! :wink:
Drrich1965
Gold Member

Postby Deactivated Member » Sun Nov 19, 2006 6:14 am

It's like a musician without chops disparaging chops. Chops don't make you a great musician any more than an education makes you...uh...a great wine salesman, say; but a great musician can certainly make good use of them.

Thanks, Paraman, but no need to shout! (If richard gets hold of that caps lock thing, we're all in trouble.)
Deactivated Member

Postby kiltrock68 » Wed Nov 22, 2006 1:37 pm

Open:
Ardbeg Airigh Nam Beist 1990 46%
Ardbeg MMD Bloodtub Valinch sherry cask Islay Festival bottling
Ardbeg Cadenhead 10y sherry hogshead Authentic Collection 59,8%
Ardbeg GM SOS 1995-2004 9y sherry cask 56,4% for Potstill A
Ardbeg 1993 10y DL OMC 50%
Ardbeg 1991 15y DL OMC Rum Cask Finish 50%
Arran Rum Cask Finish 58,9%
Bushmills 12y select cask caribean rum
Caol Ila BA Peat Reek single cask 46%
Caol Ila BA Smoking Islay single cask 55%
Caol Ila BA Raw cask 15y sherry finish
Caol Ila Celtic 1999-06 64,7%
Caol Ila DL OMC 12y sherry finish
Caol Ila DL OMC 19y sherry cask
Caol Ila GM 1st fill sherry butts 1994 58,2%
Caol Ila GM 1988 sherrywood finish Private Collection
Caol Ila GM 1990 cognacwood Finish Private Collection
Caol Ila GM 1990 portwood finish Private Collection
Caol Ila MMD sherry cask 12y 1993
Caol Ila Signatory Vintage 1980 sherry butt 15y
Caol Ila Signatory 1990 refill sherry cask unchillfiltered collection 46%
Cardhu 12y Single Malt
Connemara irish peated malt
Laphroaig 1988 16y Whiskyfair 2004 56,1% sherry cask DL OMC
Laphroaig - Tamifroyg 2. Clubbottling RWC special Port finish
Laphroaig 1994 Feis Ile 2006 56%
Laphroaig 1988 Signatory Straight from the cask 55,6% sherry HK
Laphroaig 1996 JWWW Auld Distillers Collection sherry cask 54,7%
Laphroaig 1990 16y Cadenhead Authentic Coll. sherry hogshead 53%
Linkwood Dun Bheagan 12y Port finish
Port Ellen 22y JWWW Auld Distillers dark sherry

still closed:
Ardbeg Young Uigeadail Committee Reserve 59,9%
Ardbeg Cadenhead 10y sherry hogshead Authentic Collection 58,6%
Ardbeg GM Vintage 1990 sherry cask for Symposion SWE 46%
Ardbeg GM Spirit of Scotland sherry cask for Potstill A 56,4%
Balmenach 12y F+F
Caol Ila DL OMC 18y sherry finish 50%
Caol Ila 15y F+F
Caol Ila 15y F+F
Caol Ila JWWW scottish castles 21y sherry finish 40%
Caol Ila GM cask strength 1991 refill sherry butts 57,4%
Caol Ila GM Private Coll. Sherrywood finish 40%
Caol Ila Signatory 1990-99 for Velier I 43%
Caol Ila Scots Forum Whisky 16y 54,7% refill sherry
Clynelish 14y F+F
Lagavulin 16y
Laphroaig Whiskyfreunde Essenheim 1990-02 57,8%
Laphroaig 1988 sherry cask Signatory 55,6% Straight from the cask -F-
Laphroaig - Tamifroyg II RWC 2nd bottling - ca. 49% port special
Laphroaig 1988 DL OMC Whiskyfair 2004 56,1% sherry cask
Laphroaig 1990 Cadenhead Authentic Coll. sherry hogshead 53%
Loch Dhu Black Malt 10y Mannochmore 100cl
Loch Dhu 20cl
Port Ellen 23y DL OMC 1981-2004 sherry cask 50%
Port Ellen GM SOS 1980-99 40%
Springbank 14y sherry cask Cadenhead 1991-2006 53,9% (4 bottles) :D
kiltrock68

Postby corbuso » Wed Nov 22, 2006 2:05 pm

Hi Kiltrock,
Seems to me that you like the Islay whisky.
If you are interested in swapping some samples with me, just send me a private message (PM).

Cheers

Corbuso

kiltrock68 wrote:Open:
Cardhu 12y Single Malt
Laphroaig - Tamifroyg 2. Clubbottling RWC special Port finish
Laphroaig 1990 16y Cadenhead Authentic Coll. sherry hogshead 53%
:D
corbuso
Gold Member

Postby irishwhiskeychaser » Wed Nov 22, 2006 2:22 pm

Hi kiltrock68, Excellent list of Islay whiskies there, I'm jealous of your Laphroaig selection. I also noticed you have 2 Irish in your open list also. I'd be interested what you think of both. The Bushmills really sticks out like a sore thumb. Why is that in your list? as you have a majority of peat malts there. I was not overly impressed with the Bushmills Rum cask myself. How does the connemara stack up against the islay drams in your opinion.

Lastly I noticed a lack of Lagavulin in your list, do you not like it?

Interested to hear your views.

Sláinte
irishwhiskeychaser

Postby kiltrock68 » Fri Nov 24, 2006 11:51 am

@ irishwhiskeychaser

Hi,

the reason for the 2 irish malts at my collection is simple. The Connemara was a gift for my last years birthday, and the other a gift of my brother who works for an english company and often have to fly to England and as he knows i like whisky, especially with some rum finish, he brougth it to me from the Duty Free at a London Airport.

I like them both for a all day malt, but they cant really mess with the islay malts, as i like the hard peaty stuff more! I just ordered my first bottle of Bruichladdich Port Charlotte 63,5% 5y (PC5) and i hope it will arrive until next week, because next friday we got our monthly private whisky meeting.

But Whisky is not only peat for me. I like to start the evening with some nice sherry or port cask/finish speyside or highland malt, to enhance than to the hard stuff from Islay.

I also like Lagavulin, especially the 16yo distillers edition, but i like Ardbeg, Caol Ila and Laphroaig more, so thats the reason why there is a lack of Lagavulin bottles at my collection. But i got a bottle of the D.E. at my frat, so i can get some all week if i want to!

Cheers from germany
kiltrock68

Postby irishwhiskeychaser » Fri Nov 24, 2006 1:23 pm

Well keep enjoying all those lovely malts you have there, I'd think most people on this board would be delighted to have a line up like yours.
irishwhiskeychaser

Postby kiltrock68 » Mon Dec 04, 2006 10:35 am

Update 04.12.2006

open:
Caol Ila 16y Scots Forum Whisky refill sherry 54,7%
Cardhu 12y Single Malt
Laphroaig Cigar Malt DL OMC 10y 50% advanced sample 20cl
Laphroaig - Tamifroyg 2. Clubabfüllung RWC special Port finish

still closed:
Aberfeldy 15y F+F 43%
Balmenach 12y F+F
Bowmore Enigma 12y 1ltr.
Bruichladdich Port Charlotte 5y 63,5%
Caol Ila DL OMC 18y sherry finish
Caol Ila 15y F+F
Caol Ila 15y F+F
Caol Ila JWWW scottish castles 21y sherry finish
Caol Ila Signatory 1990-99 for Velier I 43%
Clynelish 14y F+F
Lagavulin 16y
Laphroaig 1988 sherry cask Signatory 55,6% Straight from the cask HK
Laphroaig - Tamifroyg II RWC 2. Abfüllung - ca. 49%
Loch Dhu 20cl
Port Ellen 23y DL OMC 1981-2004 sherry cask
Port Ellen GM SOS 1980-99
Springbank 14y sherry cask Cadenhead 2006 53,9%

closed Minis:

Highland Park 18y
Balmenach scottish wildlife
Dailuaine scotish wildlife
Aberfeldy 15y F+F vol. left
Aberfeldy 15y F+F vol. right

GM Centenary Reserve 1995 Serie:

Caol Ila 1966 28y sherry
Glenrothes 1978 17y
Benrinnes 1978 17y
kiltrock68

Postby Onefortheditch » Tue Dec 05, 2006 12:14 am

My collection is wee (only 6 months collecting), but interesting I think.

Highland Park Capella
Talisker Distillers Edition
Glen Keith Old Malt Cask
Highland Park 18YO
Highland Park Single Cask Ambassador 2
Macallan 18YO
Macallan Easter Elchies 8YO
Bowmore Limited 1989 Edition
Ardbeg Still Young
Ardbeg Old Malt Cask 10YO
Highland Park 12YO
Highland Park The St Magnus Festival 2006 12YO
Highland Park The Lunar Bottling 18 3/5 YO
Balblair 26YO
Millburn 25YO Rare Malts
Glen Albyn 26YO Rare Malts

And I currently have open:

Bowmore 12YO
Ardbeg 10YO
HP 12YO
Onefortheditch
Silver Member

Postby vitara7 » Tue Dec 05, 2006 12:21 am

i have a collection of around 450 bottles, but at present i am focusing on bottles from the rare malts range only, below is the list of botles have from the rare malts range

(i would list my other bottles in my collection but i dont have them im electronic format for copy and pasting :shock: only the rare malts i have in excell)
im currently about halfway in collecting all the bottles and variations tat mad eup the rare malts range

Auchroisk 1974 28yo 700ml 56.80%
Banff 1982 21yo 700ml 57.10%
Benrinnes 1974 21yo 700ml 60.40%
Benromach 1978 19yo 700ml 63.80%
Bladnoch 1977 23yo 700ml 53.60%
Blair Athol 1975 27yo 700ml 54.70%
Brora 1982 20yo 700ml 58.10%
Brora 1977 21yo 700ml 56.90%
Caol Ila 1978 23yo 700ml 61.70%
Clynelish 1974 23yo 700ml 59.10%
Clynelish 1972 22yo 200ml 58.95%
Clynelish 1972 24yo 700ml 61.30%
Coleburn 1979 21yo 700ml 59.40%
Convalmore 1978 24yo 700ml 59.40%
Dailuaine 1973 22yo 750ml 60.92%
Dallas Dhu 1975 21yo 700ml 61.90%
Dufftown - Glenlivet 1975 21yo 700ml 54.80%
Glen Mhor 1976 28yo 700ml 51.90%
Glen Mhor 1979 22yo 700ml 61%
Glen Ord 1974 23yo 700ml 60.80%
Glen Ord 1973 23yo 750ml 59.80%
Glendullan 1974 23yo 700ml 63.10%
Glendullan 1973 23yo 750ml 58.60%
Glenlochy 1969 26yo 750ml 58.80%
Glenlochy 1969 25yo 200ml 62.20%
Glenlochy 1969 25yo 750ml 62.08%
Glenury Royal 1970 29yo 700ml 57%
Glenury Royal 1971 23yo 750ml 61.30%
Hillside 1971 25yo 700ml 62.00%
Hillside 1969 25yo 200ml 61.90%
Inchgower 1976 27yo 700ml 55.60%
Inchgower 1974 22yo 750ml 55.70%
Linkwood 1975 26yo 700ml 56.10%
Linkwood 1972 22yo 700ml 59.30%
Linkwood 1974 30yo 700ml 54.90%
Mannochmore 1974 22yo 700ml 60.10%
Millburn 1975 18yo 700ml 58.90%
Millburn 1975 25yo 700ml 61.90%
Mortlach 1972 22yo 200ml 65.30%
North Port 1979 20yo 700ml 61.20%
North Port 1971 23yo 200ml 54.70%
Port Ellen 1978 22yo 700ml 60.50%
Port Ellen 1978 20yo 700ml 60.90%
Rosebank 1981 20yo 700ml 62.30%
Rosebank 1981 22yo 700ml 61.10%
Rosebank 1979 20yo 700ml 60.30%
Royal Brackla 1978 20yo 700ml 59.80%
Royal Lochnagar 1972 24yo 750ml 55.70%
St Magdalene 1979 19yo 700ml 63.80%
St Magdalene 1970 23yo 700ml 58.43%
Teaninich 1973 23yo 700ml 57.10%
Teaninich 1972 27yo 700ml 64.20%
Teaninich 1972 23yo 750ml 64.95%
vitara7
Double Gold Member

Postby Onefortheditch » Tue Dec 05, 2006 12:54 am

That's an impressive collection Vitara7 and concentrating on Rare Malts is, I think, a good idea.

My concern about Rare Malts is I don't know the stock levels left. For example, how much more Millburn is out there?

I'm sure it will run out eventually though. Millburn was selling fast at the Glen Ord Whisky Fayre I was at yesterday :)
Onefortheditch
Silver Member

Postby vitara7 » Tue Dec 05, 2006 8:53 pm

yeh, there ok, id like to try and complete the whole collection of them one day
vitara7
Double Gold Member

Postby lbacha » Thu Dec 14, 2006 10:49 pm

Well my collection finally broke the century mark with the purchase of 3 bottles of Sazerac 18 yr old rye.

I plan on cracking one open when I get home this weekend, can't wait.

So here it is:

WHISKY LIST AS OF 12/7/2006 – 101 BOTTLES

AMERICAN: 19
*SEAGRAM'S 7 CROWN
ELIJAH CRAIG 12 YEARS OLD
ELIJAH CRAIG 18 YEARS OLD
GEORGE T STAGG 129.0 PROOF FALL 04
GEORGE T STAGG 131.8 PROOF SPRING 05
GEORGE T STAGG 140.6 PROOF FALL 06 x2
SAZERAC RYE 18 YRS OLD FALL 04 x3
SAZERAC RYE 18 YRS OLD FALL 05
EAGLE RARE 17 YRS OLD FALL 05
EAGLE RARE 17 YRS OLD FALL 06
*BUFFALO TRACE
*OLD POTRERO STRAIGHT RYE
*WILD TURKEY RARE BREED
*EVAN WILLIAMS VINTAGE 1995 SINGLE BARREL VINTAGE
*WILD TURKEY RUSSELL'S RESERVE AGED 10 YEARS 101 PROOF
*OLD OVERHOLT FOUR YEARS OLD

CANADIAN: 4
ALBERTA PREMIUM
*CANADIAN CLUB PREMIUM CLASSIC AGED 12 YEARS
CROWN ROYAL
CROWN ROYAL LIMITED EDITION

IRISH: 11
BUSHMILLS BLACK BUSH
*JAMESON
*JAMESON 1780 MATURED 12 YEARS
JAMESON 15 YR OLD POT STILL “MILLENIUM EDITION”
*GREEN SPOT
*REDBREAST 12 YEAR OLD
*CONNEMARA
CONNEMARA 13 YR OLD SINGLE CASK x2
KNAPPOGUE CASTLE 1990
KNAPPOGUE CASTLE 1994

SCOTCH BLENDS: 5
BLACK BOTTLE
*BLACK BOTTLE 10 YEARS OLD
*DEWAR'S SPECIAL RESERVE AGED 12 YEARS
ISLAY MIST AGED 8 YEARS
*JOHNNIE WALKER BLACK LABEL AGED 12 YEARS

SCOTCH SINGLE MALTS: 58
DALWHINNIE 15 YEAR OLD
*GLENMORANGIE 10 YEARS OLD
GLENMORANGIE PORT WOOD
GLENMORANGIE SHERRY WOOD
GLENMORANGIE MADEIRA WOOD
GLENMORANGIE “POST WOOD” FINISHED SINGLE CASK x2
HAZELBURN 8 YRS OLD “FIRST EDITION” (ALL 3 LABELS) x5
BEN NEVIS 13 YR “LIMITED EDITION 1990 PORT WOOD FINISH” x2
*BOWMORE ENIGMA
BOWMORE 16 YRS OLD “LIMITED EDITION” 1989 BOURBON CASK
BOWMORE 16 YRS OLD “LIMITED EDITION” 1990 OLOROSO CASK
BOWMORE 17 YRS OLD
*ARDBEG 10 YEARS OLD
ARDBEG STILL YOUNG x4
ARDBEG VERY YOUNG x2
ARDBEG 1977
ARDBEG UIGEADAIL
ARDBEG 16 YR OLD AIRIGH NAM BEIST
ROSEBANK 20 YR 1981 “RARE MALTS COLLECTION”
ROSEBANK 12 YR OLD “FLORA & FAUNA”
LAGAVULIN 12 YEARS OLD - CASK STRENGTH
LAGAVULIN DISTILLERS EDITION 1989
LAGAVULIN AGED 16 YEARS
LAGAVULIN “TOP SECRET” 10 YRS OLD FROM WHISKEY ART x2
*LAPHROAIG AGED 10 YEARS
PORT ELLEN 1978 2ND ANNUAL RELEASE
PORT ELLEN 27 YRS OLD “GLEN DENNY” FROM OMC BOTTLED 2006
PORT ELLEN FROM THE ISLAY WHISKEY SHOP BOTTLED BY OMC
PORT ELLEN 15YRS OLD CADENHEADS BOTTLED 1995
HIGHLAND PARK VINTAGE 1968 35 YRS “DISTILLERY BOTTLED SINGLE CASK 2272”
TALISKER TEN YEARS OLD
ABERLOUR 21 YRS OLD
*ABERLOUR A'BUNADH BATCH 14 x3
ABERLOUR 13 YR OLD SINGLE BARREL SHERRY CASK BT 4/2006 (BY ME)
BRORA 24 YRS OLD 1977 “RARE MALTS COLLECTION”
*GLENFIDDICH AGED 12 YEARS SPECIAL RESERVE
*GLENFIDDICH AGED 15 YEARS SOLERA RESERVE
*THE MACALLAN ELEGANCIA 1992
THE MACALLAN 14 YR “LIMITED EDITION WINTER BOTTLING” x2
THE MACALLAN 8 YR “LIMITED EDITION SUMMER BOTTLING”
THE MACALLAN 12 YR “LIMITED EDITION WOODLAND BOTTLING”
*GLENFARCLAS “QUARTER CASK” x3

SCOTCH VATTED MALTS: 2
*JOHNNIE WALKER GREEN LABEL 15 YEARS OLD
SERENDIPITY

MISC: 1
J.R. MERWIN (FRENCH BLEND – SCARED TO OPEN)

* open bottles
lbacha
Gold Member

Postby Wave » Thu Dec 14, 2006 11:32 pm

Would that happen to be the '82 Port Ellen 21yr old Old Malt Cask The Whisky Shop, Distilled: 1982/Nov. - Bottled: 2004/Sept. Sherry casked?

If so, it's an excellent dram! One of my top 3 tasted this year.
Color: Deep Mahogany on the verge of Ebony
Nose: Chocolate cherries and peaty smoke
Palate: Sweet sherried peat explodes on the tongue. Slightly creamy then drying.
Finish: Peaty, smoky, and chewy. :)

Cheers!
Wave
Double Gold Member

Postby lbacha » Thu Dec 14, 2006 11:51 pm

Wave wrote:

Would that happen to be the '82 Port Ellen 21yr old Old Malt Cask The Whisky Shop, Distilled: 1982/Nov. - Bottled: 2004/Sept. Sherry casked?

If so, it's an excellent dram! One of my top 3 tasted this year.
Color: Deep Mahogany on the verge of Ebony
Nose: Chocolate cherries and peaty smoke
Palate: Sweet sherried peat explodes on the tongue. Slightly creamy then drying.
Finish: Peaty, smoky, and chewy. :)

Cheers!

Yes it is, I tried it myself and had to get a bottle while I was on the Island, I wish I would have got 2 now because it was actually a very good price for a PE I'm saving it for a special occation.

Len
lbacha
Gold Member

Postby kiltrock68 » Thu Jan 04, 2007 10:12 am

Update 04.01.2007

open:
Bruichladdich PC5 63,5%
Caol Ila 16y Scots Forum Whisky refill sherry 54,7%
Cardhu 12y Single Malt
Laphroaig Cigar Malt DL OMC 10y 50% advanced sample 20cl
Laphroaig - Tamifroyg 2. Clubabfüllung RWC special Port finish
Laphroaig 1996 Taste Still Rhum Finish 63,5% La Maison du Whisky F

still closed:
Balmenach 12y F+F
Bowmore Enigma 12y 1ltr.
Caol Ila DL OMC 18y sherry finish
Caol Ila 15y F+F
Caol Ila 15y F+F
Clynelish 14y F+F
Laphroaig 1988 sherry cask Signatory 55,6% Straight from the cask HK
Laphroaig - Tamifroyg II RWC 2. Abfüllung - ca. 49%
Laphroaig 1996 Taste Still Rhum Finish 63,5% (2x)
Loch Dhu 20cl
Port Ellen 23y DL OMC 1981-2004 sherry cask
Port Ellen GM SOS 1980-99

closed Minis:

Highland Park 18y
Balmenach scottish wildlife
Dailuaine scotish wildlife
Aberfeldy 15y F+F vol. right

GM Centenary Reserve 1995 Serie:

Caol Ila 1966 28y sherry
Glenrothes 1978 17y
Benrinnes 1978 17y
kiltrock68

Postby dram_time » Sun Jan 07, 2007 2:13 pm

looks like this as of 07/01/2007.
more on order.
all un-open....
open ones in the cupboard!! and not counted..

Aberlour 10
Ardbeg 10
Ardbeg 6 Very Young
Ardbeg 8 Still Young
Ardbeg No Age Uigeadail
Ardbeg 16 Airigh Nam Beist
Ardmore 15 Cask Strength
Arran No Age Founders Reserve
Aucentoshan No Age Select
Aucentoshan 10 Triple Distilled
Balblair No Age Elements
Balblair 10